Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Arkansas Traveler puzzle

Arkansas Traveler puzzle 12 years 7 months ago #41198

Hello Alumi-Classics

Complete newbie here, hope to get it right the first time. I just bought a 1958 Arkansas Traveler. It's a 15 foot, but the 1958 brochure shows a different deck style. In addition, the DUT-15 in the brochure is rated for 40 hp, but my boat's plate rates it for 60.

The ID plate is there, and the hull number is clearly stamped, but there is no evidence that a model number was ever marked on the plate.

Anyone have some information on this boat? I have seen a 1958 ad for a Johnson 18 that shows (I think) the same deck and windshield style, but the logo is aft instead of forward as on my boat.

By way of (mercifully brief) introduction, I've been messing about in aluminum boats since I was 10 (yep, an Arkansas Traveler) and I've been looking for years for another. I'd like to know all I can about it, and where I'm able, I hope to be able to contribute to this group.

Thanks,

Scott in NC
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Arkansas Traveler puzzle 12 years 7 months ago #41239

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Welcome aboard Scott. Nice find on the AR Traveler! We've got some pretty knowledgeable folks here on that make of lummie, I'm sure somebody will chime in and help you out. Keep us posted on your progress, okay? In the meantime, have you checked out the FG library?;
www.fiberglassics.com/library/Arkansas_traveler

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mark
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat