American was a brand used by at least seven unique manufacturers:
- American Marc, Inc., a builder of fiberglass outboard boat and a small, diesel outboard engine, based in Inglewood, California.
- North American Marine, a line of molded plywood, and later fiberglass boats made in Warsaw, Indiana.
- North American Boat Corp., a fiberglass boat-builder located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida in 1963.
- American Finn, a line of Scandinavian-made Sea Skiff-type boats imported and sold by American Finn Boat Corp. of Freeport, New York.
- American Boat Trailers, a line of boat trailers made by American Trailer & Mfg. Co. of Downey, California.
- American Canvas Products, a maker of canvas boat tops in Miami, Florida
- American Metal Hardware, a company offering deck hardware and marine accessories in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- American Boat Co., a fiberglass boat-builder and formerly known as the Ameri-Craft Boat Co. of Packanack Lake, New Jersey.
(Click on the blue text to be redirected to each manufacturer's page).
This is a disambiguation page.
Disambiguation pages are created when two or more brands by otherwise unrelated manufacturers happen to share the same name such as in the case of Dolphin Fiberglass Boats by West Coast Fiberglass Co. of Costa Mesa California and Dolphin Aluminum Boats by Barnes Boat Co. of Rockville, Connecticut.
Other times, a disambiguation page may be created when two related manufacturers have the same brand, but are best located on separate pages such as in the case of Thompson Bros. Boat Mfg. Co. and Thompson Boat Co. of New York, Inc.. This may be done so as to make clear the difference between two otherwise similar brands or to better organize large amounts of information such as brochure images.
If you have noticed a case where a disambiguation may be warranted, please contact us so that we may create a better and more organized Classic Boat Library.