Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Fiberform Bimini 19'

Fiberform Bimini 19' 10 months 4 days ago #148039

I just picked up this boat for free. Everything is in rough shape. It was buried in blackberry bushes on a property out in the country. The property owner had recently purchased the property and was slowly working his way through clearing it. The trailer was half buried in mud, and one of the brakes was totally locked up. It was a lot of fun to pull out. The engine is in pieces, the outdrive is missing. He's also got a few big trucks, one of which is a COE Ford flatbed that I might grab. Anyway, I'll post pictures as I make my way through it. I've got a few other projects around the house I need to finish first. I'm sure this will take a couple years.

I came across this site while doing research on this boat. Someone else on here has/had one, the thread is 7 years old. Haven't been able to come up with much on it. The engine is in pieces, the outdrive is missing.

Looking forward to seeking help here on the forum. This is my first boat, I'm as green as they come.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fiberform Bimini 19' 10 months 4 days ago #148040

Looks like a very one of a kind now adays boat when it is done it will be a head turner for sure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: smithbr919

Fiberform Bimini 19' 10 months 3 days ago #148044

definitely different but would yield some nice results. Looks like a fun family boat.

Eric

Fiberform Bimini 19' 10 months 3 days ago #148045

I need to jack the boat off the trailer for stability while I'm working on it. Also, the trailer needs some work. How do I do that? Do I need to use boat stands? Or is there a cheaper alternative?

Fiberform Bimini 19' 10 months 2 days ago #148050

I'm in the process if completing my trailer restoration. I built wooden dollies to support the boat while allowing me to remove the trailer. (Just one approach, but very stable)

I documented it in my restoration thread '1971 Glasspar Newport Cruiser - Rejuvenation' in the 70's Disco Fiber group.

Fiberform Bimini 19' 10 months 1 day ago #148053

Do you have a picture of your setup?

Fiberform Bimini 19' 9 months 4 weeks ago #148095

Fiberform Bimini 19' 9 months 4 weeks ago #148096

Thank you! If you don't mind me asking, how much did that cost you in materials?

Fiberform Bimini 19' 9 months 3 weeks ago #148114

A bit hard to say, because some of the wood and galvanized bolts came from a firewood seasoning rack I built 10 years ago. Estimating using today's prices for 4x4x8s untreated $17 each, 2x8x8s $8 each, 2x4x8s $3.50 each, hardware (bolts and nuts) $40 and craft leather $30. So roughly $200 to $225

Fiberform Bimini 19' 9 months 3 weeks ago #148115

Awesome! Thank you!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)