Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Pics of an Original '69 Lund New Yorker?

Pics of an Original '69 Lund New Yorker? 11 years 2 weeks ago #76417

Hello to all!

Looking for pictures of a late sixties Lund New Yorker,
19 foot aluminum. I found the old brochure from 1969, which was
great, but I'm looking for a little more detail.
Specifically, what did the bow deck and the top of the sides
look like before some fool cut holes in 'em?
Both of these areas have chrome vents, some of which may belong
but there are other holes that I can't identify.
Any help or suggestions welcome.
Thanks!
Alan
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Pics of an Original '69 Lund New Yorker? 11 years 2 weeks ago #76425

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi Alan, good to hear from you. Just guessing, but the hole in the bow may have been for a search light or horn/siren? The aft gunnel hole looks to be a rod holder or maybe some sort of receptacle for a portable downrigger or something similar?

Mark

Re:Pics of an Original '69 Lund New Yorker? 11 years 2 weeks ago #76467

Hey;
Thanks!

I guess my specific questions are such.

(I only have a copied picture from an old sales brochure to go by. Probably got it here!)

Are the metal handles on the bow deck anything but backyard engineering, (as helpful as it may be)? The pic I have has one chock in the center only, but I have two handles, only.

Are there really supposed to be three chrome vents? The one up front is visible on the copy of the sales brochure pic, but one on each side at the back, (gunnels?)??

The big hole in the bow deck; looks too big for any vintage horn I've seen, and a bit far forward for a spot light, but either are possible. Is it a later addition / mod?
I'd just like to see what one looked like before it got treated roughly. Picture's worth a thousand words!
Big thanks;
Alan
Attachments:

Re:Pics of an Original '69 Lund New Yorker? 11 years 2 weeks ago #76479

My opinion:

1. the two handles on the front deck are not from the factory
2. the three air scoop vents are not from the factory. Why would you need any of them for an outboard motor boat?
3. the large hole on the front deck close to the windshield was most likely some previous owner's modification. Maybe they installed a horn or spot light (you are correct, why is the hole so big?)

Andreas

Re:Pics of an Original '69 Lund New Yorker? 11 years 2 weeks ago #76497

Thanks Andreas!

I have suspected the same things. I don't think vents are required for an outboard, and mine might all may be cheesy aftermarket add-ons. I almost think I can see one vent up front, in the brochure pic, but no others.

I'd like to put the boat back to 1969; if I can see what that looked like.
And then, I'd have to pay for getting patches welded in, (and I can't weld aluminum).

I'm not sure what to do with the holes. In general, I'm not looking for holes in my hull!
All opinions welcome, and a clear picture of an original one most wanted!
Thanks;
Alan

Re:Pics of an Original '69 Lund New Yorker? 11 years 1 week ago #76636

Hi Alan,
I think that the vents are more than likely original. We had a similar arrangement on a 1967 Larson All-American. The vent on the deck was to vent the built in gas tank that was installed up front and the two in the back vented the gas storage area in the back, where the battery also resides. I think that the caution was in the build up of gas fumes with the probability of a spark from a short in the wiring. This rear storage area was an enclosed area with a hinged cover. I think also that the handles are an owner add-on. They look to be from the local hardware store. I've got the '69 catalog along with most of the other Lund brochures and the 19'K-19 only appears in a couple of catalogs much earlier. No deck additions on these earlier examples.

Lee Wangstad

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)