Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Aluma Craft 1957 Deep C

Aluma Craft 1957 Deep C 11 years 9 months ago #64442

The image is from the 1957 Aluma Craft catalog and was sent to me by Aluma Craft's customer support.

My Deep C is identical except for the seat backs.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Aluma Craft 1957 Deep C 11 years 9 months ago #64443

So, now for a question:

At the end of the production run (1960) the Deep C was available with a 15" or 20" transom. I assume this is the case because, as the provided documentation indicates, the model is rated for up to a 60 HP motor and few of them were being made in the short shaft configuration.

When I acquired the boat it had no motor on it. I have a 2003 Honda 40 HP that I intend to put on it, but it is long shafted (20"). I've heard about people "building up" the transom, but I'm leaning towards a jack plate that will provide 5" lift.

Opinions? Anyone have experiences on old tinnies with jack plate applications?

Thanks,

Pete

The image is my Aluma Craft. Behind it is my 2003 198DLX Carolina Skiff with Honda 130HP.
Attachments:

Re:Aluma Craft 1957 Deep C 11 years 9 months ago #64892

Nice boat! There are some Deep Cs with the 20", but most have the 15" like yours. Either way you do it it's not orginal, which is OK. I'd lean towards an adjustable jackplate. Probably easier. You can always remove to run a short shaft motor. Adjustability will allow you to get optimum performance from that long shaft 40. Good luck; keep us updated. I've got a friend that just got a Deep C that we're going to start messing with. What's your location? We're in Wisconsin.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)