Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Alumacraft Hull ID #s

Alumacraft Hull ID #s 11 years 9 months ago #64095

• Paul
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Can anyone tell me where the hull ID #s are on a 12 ft alumacraft? I'm guessing they were on a plate that used to be on the wood on the inside of the transom which of course is missing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Alumacraft Hull ID #s 11 years 9 months ago #64113

There should be a brace/bracket in the middle of the rear of the boat. It's attached to the floor and the transom. The letters/numbers should be stamped into that aluminum brace/bracket.

Harrison

Re:Alumacraft Hull ID #s 11 years 9 months ago #64372

I litterally found the hull # on my recently acquired Aluma Craft Deep C minutes before reading this post. It was exactly where this post identified. It took me the better part of a month to find it on my own. Hull is N1261. Does that mean anything to anyone?

Registration card says it is a 1962, but Deep C was scuttled as a model after the 1961 model year. From the Library pics it has a graphic "Aluma Craft" decal that is very similar to that of 1958 and not at all like the 1959 or 1960. It would be the same, but all text is white (faded?).

I tried to post a picture on my profile, but it was too large. I need to spend some time in photoshop.

Re:Alumacraft Hull ID #s 11 years 9 months ago #64375

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Welcome aboard 4islands. The folks who put forth a lot of time and effort researching stuff like this tell us it's not uncommon for the registration and even titles on our beloved classic watercraft to be inaccurate in many instances. Also, the factory brochures and literature have been known to have mistakes, so it's entirely possible to have something actually manufactured in one year be identified as something else.

Posting pics can be made easier by checking out this thread in the support section, some quick and easy pic resizing programs are referenced there;
www.fiberglassics.com/glassic-forums/7-support/22256-how-to-post-pictures.html

Mark

Re:Alumacraft Hull ID #s 11 years 9 months ago #64439

Thanks for the welcome. I feel that I've taken over this thread, so I'll launch a new one with some questions for the community that are not on subject. But first to close out the question I posed in this thread:

I heard back from Aluma Craft with details on my boat based on the hull number. It is a 1957 Deep C. It was well optioned, but did not include seat backs and cushions when new.

I'm looking forward to enjoying this boat for the remainder of my days.

Pete

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)