Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sea King ID

Sea King ID 11 years 10 months ago #62924

HI just picked up a 12 ' Sea King but I cant find any hull numbers on it ... anybody know where they might be ? Im guessing its a late 70s or so .. Thanks Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Sea King ID 11 years 10 months ago #62940

• riceman
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
pics will help with the ID quite a bit. my sea king has its ID tag inside the boat, on the starboard side, above the molded armrest about 30" in from the rear of the boat. pretty highly visible area but, as a result, it's also abused, barely legible, faded and peeling off. it was just a foil sticker on my boat. mine's a 1962.

-Chris

Re:Sea King ID 11 years 10 months ago #62943

yeah I found another Sea King tonight a buddy had , same creature but a bit different vintage (going by the plastic Sea King emblem on the side ) and that has a foil sticker , I can now see where mine was inside on the port transom ... guess Im bumming on getting a hull number off it ...

Re:Sea King ID 11 years 10 months ago #62955

• riceman
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
yeah... other than expense, i'm not sure why they would've gone with the foil sticker instead of a stamped plate. the library here doesn't have any info past 1965, either. most of the folks on here will tell you that registration paperwork can often be incorrect as well. someone may recognize the lines though, if you can get a picture uploaded here.

Re:Sea King ID 11 years 10 months ago #63011

Hi thanks for the input , Ive found 2 more of these Sea King 12 footers all with the foil sticker and I can see on mine where it used to be ... so with a bit of creativite and a number stamp set mines got hull numbers and registered !

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)