• Page:

TOPIC: 1961 Crestliner Wildwind

1961 Crestliner Wildwind 11 years 11 months ago #61672

• jl_300
  • jl_300's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello, i need a windshield or windshield frame for a 1961 Crestliner Wildwind. Anything that can get me a windshield or the frame would be great, I am willing to have one made if i can get the frame. Thanks.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1961 Crestliner Wildwind 11 years 10 months ago #62491

Hi,
Wildwinds are very rare to find. I know of one more other than yours and mine that exists today. I will put some pics of mine up for you as inspiration for restoring yours. Mine is a 1960 and according to my research the only 1960 Wildwind that exists today. Its all original and has never been restored including the motor. It has not been in the water sence 1966 and always garage kept. As for windshields they are very wide and I doubt you will ever find a used one. But if you need diamentions I can help you with that to get one made. The gasket material for the bottom is still available and so is the hardware. there are guys that make this windshild but at a very high cost and I have the link to there website if you need that lead too. If you have any questions email me or post it here I check this website about once a week.
Bob
aka Cowboy
Attachments:

Re:1961 Crestliner Wildwind 11 years 10 months ago #62492

Hi,
Wildwinds are very rare to find. I know of one more other than yours and mine that exists today. I will put some pics of mine up for you as inspiration for restoring yours. Mine is a 1960 and according to my research the only 1960 Wildwind that exists today. Its all original and has never been restored including the motor. It has not been in the water sence 1966 and always garage kept. As for windshields they are very wide and I doubt you will ever find a used one. But if you need diamentions I can help you with that to get one made. The gasket material for the bottom is still available and so is the hardware. there are guys that make this windshild but at a very high cost and I have the link to there website if you need that lead too. If you have any questions email me or post it here I check this website about once a week.
Bob
aka Cowboy
Attachments:

Re:1961 Crestliner Wildwind 11 years 10 months ago #62493

Hi,
Bob
aka Cowboy

Re:1961 Crestliner Wildwind 11 years 8 months ago #66911

Hello, I am mew to this forum. I just acquired a Cresliner Wildwind 19 and the registration lists the year as 1964. I cannot find any info about this boat. Did they make the Wildwind in 1964? I have tried to include a couple of pics. Is there anywhere I can get an owners manual for it?
Attachments:

Re:1961 Crestliner Wildwind 11 years 8 months ago #66912

Sorry, obviosly that is the wrong photo, I will try again.
Attachments:

Re:1961 Crestliner Wildwind 11 years 8 months ago #66913

OK, I think I have it figired out.
Attachments:

Re:1961 Crestliner Wildwind 11 years 8 months ago #66915

more pics
Attachments:

Re:1961 Crestliner Wildwind 11 years 8 months ago #66921

• jepstr67
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Wow. What a cool boat. MN Fiberglass Museum, is yours original or restored? I love the Crestliner emblems on the bench seats. A wonderful slice of mid-century boating, Minnesota style!

I hope you 3 all get your boats in great shape and come to a Minnesota show somewhere.

Re:1961 Crestliner Wildwind 11 years 8 months ago #66927

This boat is in original condition. The original motor was replaced with a 70 hp evinrude in 1987 and it does have headlights (which the original owner told me were installed when he purchased it new). I would like to restore it, but I am not sure if it would be worth it. How much would a boat like this go for in restored condition? I am new to boating and this boat was recently given to me.
Attachments:

Re:1961 Crestliner Wildwind 11 years 8 months ago #66980

• jepstr67
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Worth....

Unless it is some well known highly collectible craft that people talk about in hushed tones, they almost always cost more to restore than they are "worth". However, it is impossible to put a price on the feeling of pride one has in restoring and owning a classic boat.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)