• Page:

TOPIC: 54 Feather Craft Vagabond ,Orig owner, Estate FIND

54 Feather Craft Vagabond ,Orig owner, Estate FIND 12 years 10 hours ago #60380

• Split
  • Split's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
GANG,I thought I mentioned here in spring that I scored a Original Owner , estate sale package , 18 miles across lake.. It is a Polished side 1954 FEATHER CRAFT , built in Atlanta ,Ga. 15 ft model , Dual Cockpit , steering in front right side , called a VAGABOND.
. Came with a 1958 MERC four cyl Mark 58 , two bronze props , THREE blade as the guy was a water skier. Seems to be orig trl , Bright red , solid, But I do not see a name.. Very good $ score as always.
Initially lots of Pine needles as stored outside last year.. Good
windshield was replaced late 50's.. Wood seat bases were made & I added 3 or 4 AL angle seat supports.. Today was the 2nd time in the water & only some rear seepage near bottom. The curved rear is known as a Barrell BACK shape like the CHRIS Craft runabouts of late 40's.

................There is enough fender clearance for some 12 Inch tires, has 5 lug hubs, even thetrun bulbs still worked.! .....
..These boats have from two to FIVE transom al bracket floor supports, Insi
de is sort of tool box, & I stained the wood two shades.. .............. Added some Plaid Blanket RACKS.
...today was sample #2 for our East TENN coves & got the Speedometer to work by cleaning the pitot tube at rear.
...Mid 80's temps . BIG show May 18 - 19 South Knoxville Free, outboard AOMCI ,wood, GLASS. .....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:54 Feather Craft Vagabond ,Orig owner, Estate FIND 12 years 1 hour ago #60421

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Lookin' great up there Larry, glad to see the old girl back out on the water!

Mark

Re:54 Feather Craft Vagabond ,Orig owner, Estate FIND 11 years 11 months ago #60973

That's really coming together. The MK58 is an excellent choice for power. Have you done any motor work, yet?

Re:54 Feather Craft Vagabond ,Orig owner, Estate FIND 11 years 11 months ago #61092

• Split
  • Split's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
BIG Progress in the yard today with the finish of the RED paint for the trl. Should have done this earlier.. Also putting on a brand new Winch & strap had been saving in the garage.. Next week will be 12 " tires & new rims.. Piece of mind for the expressway travel to
shows.. Which will be next Fri & Sat in South Knoxville, Tn .
Outboard meet.. "W", since you asked about the mota.. Had a time set back Wed night ..Hooked up the water & gas tank & ready for noise, as the mag was re-installed & sampling the shift box harness for 1st time.. Saw nothing but BLACK tar running out the bottom carb.
Worse I ever seen, so will be a wrench effort to remove them & soak.
The State reg Hull sticker came in mail.. They let me keep the original LOW # 600 A.. So happy .

G-3 center deck in garage may be advertised soon, as numeroius projects.. The 84 Bow Rider I/o left the yard today . everyone happy ....

Re:54 Feather Craft Vagabond ,Orig owner, Estate FIND 11 years 11 months ago #61094

Now that's a sharp lookin boat.

I hope you don't mind me being a little bit jealous.

1963 Starcraft 14' Ranger
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'