• Page:

TOPIC: FeatherCraft Golden Rocket in My Driveway

FeatherCraft Golden Rocket in My Driveway 12 years 1 month ago #57040

• labloverdc
  • labloverdc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Well, thanks to Split's sharp eyes, I'm now the happy owner of a '56 FeatherCraft Golden Rocket. This all started for me when I began following Finfinatic's post re his really neat Golden Rocket barn find (which I believe Bill A. ended up with). I had previously seen and admired Bill's restored Rocket, so seeing another one out there got me all revved up to get one of my own. Fortunately, Larry posted that he had seen one on CL for sale up in SC, and he sent me the information. The boat was listed as "hand made," and I don't recall there being any year advertised. Anyway, it looked like a Rocket to me too, once I saw it, so off to SC we went.

The owner insisted it was all handmade (and the title says it's a 1971 Homemade boat), so I didn't argue. Of course, as you can see from the pix, it's currently a "red" Golden Rocket, but overall it is in excellent shape. It came with a '70ish Johnson 50 HP, and a converted utility trailer, both of which I will replace. It's nice enough right now that it will be near the end of my restoration projects, but at some future time it will undergo a complete resto. There is a little bit of gold annodizing peeking out from under some chips on the red, so I'm hoping against hope that long ago somebody just wanted a "sporty" red boat, and that paint may have protected the annodizing. It's a long shot I know, but I'm going to be real careful when removing the red to see what's under there.

Thanks, Split, for catching this with your watchful eye. It makes a nice (but non-finned) addition to my 4 other lumies.

Shannon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Shannon

Re:FeatherCraft Golden Rocket in My Driveway 12 years 1 month ago #57041

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Team work makes the dream work. A great story added to the history on this boat. Glad to see and hear it all worked out.
Jealous here in Idaho
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:FeatherCraft Golden Rocket in My Driveway 12 years 1 month ago #57046

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
..S.: CONGRATS. LUV It when a plan comes together..YES, Rule # 1 , "Never get the seller angry." No doubt a rare Puppy . Should be one year only with the rear deck ... Here is a pic from a few years ago in the Louisville ( South KNoxville ,Tn ) show.. Could have been member Al Weeks , a Glastron guy from Bristol. Boat had the name ,"Fool's GOLD."

. Tonight is a very affordable 1956 VAGABOND II package in Kansas city , MO ,Craig list ad , NO pics, 35 HP JOhnson , & 70's type trl
asking $ 500 O.B.O., this should be the last year for Polished sides, before the anodizing, & walk thru front seat. Seller is Bill

Re:FeatherCraft Golden Rocket in My Driveway 12 years 1 month ago #57049

lar, i would grab that in a heartbeat if it were up here. ron

Re:FeatherCraft Golden Rocket in My Driveway 12 years 1 month ago #57054

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Congrats Shannon, on a super nice score! Larry (Split) has been most helpful for several of us searching for a deal on boats, motors, etc.. "Good on ya" friend, you did it again. ;)

Mark

Re:FeatherCraft Golden Rocket in My Driveway 12 years 1 month ago #57057

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 14
You did good Shannon,Keep them comin,yes I did get the other one also ,it is now home,see ya soon Bill

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)