Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: '68 maritime

'68 maritime 12 years 2 months ago #56663

hard top is the first of lots of thing my old girl will recieve on this go round. 20 yrs i've had this boat i figured it was time for a face lift. new belly tank new floor and foam and new paint to come. thought i wld share since i enjoyed finding some other maritime guys on this site a while back B)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:'68 maritime 12 years 2 months ago #56664

with top
Attachments:

Re:'68 maritime 12 years 2 months ago #56665

foam was pretty saturated. searching for a belly tank... not much room. the top is vintage 70s and i was able to restore the vintage anchor light as well. what r u guys using for paint? the floor will be replaced with aluminum and i was thinkin about white bedliner material on the inside and down the flat sides on the outside. boat gets fished pretty hard and always has! sides really take a beating
Attachments:

Re:'68 maritime 12 years 2 months ago #56673

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
W,: I have a nice red Sears BELLY GAS TANK here in Chattanooga, Tn.
. Is this a Aluminum boat .?

Re:'68 maritime 12 years 2 months ago #56674

yea shes all welded aluminum and tough as a tank. i have a 25' hard top i bought a few years ago but cant stop using my favorite boat! i need a tank asap but i have a max width of 24" and height of 8" center. lemme know the dimensions of the one u have and a price

Re:'68 maritime 12 years 2 months ago #56675

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
there is one of these tri hulls over on lake attitash in Merrimac MA. It has a 115 Merc on it. The guy keeps it super clean and super nice.

Re:'68 maritime 12 years 2 months ago #56677

everyon who owns one loves them forever! i know a guy who had one then had a 24' built new just like it powered with a 275... great boats. thanks alot guys for ur interest and replies. i'll keep updated pics coming

Re:'68 maritime 12 years 2 months ago #56681

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
W,: Here is the pic of the red Sears 18 gal tank.. Seems you have the entire width of the splashwell to use .? Anyhow the length is 36 " , has handles on the sides,, 8 " high , but quick fitting is another inch for about 9 " overall. Sight gauge (Black on the lefft side , near fill knob.. $ 25 or less to a GOOD home. !
Trade also for mid 70's 50 hp PROPELLER , Merc,

............ History also . owned by famous West coast Florida
award winning boat collector .!! Sometimes Glasspar Sedan guys mount vertical , mid ship as Saddle tanks.

Re:'68 maritime 12 years 2 months ago #56737

wow! thats an awesome tank! i wish it would fit under my splash well but the well drops way down in the back. how wide is it? i was thinkin about tryin to put a tank under the floor while i have all the flotation and decking pulled. i have 24" between the stringers. havin a hard time finding anything both narrow and short enough. sometimes take trips needing as much as 30 gallons as well so i am prob lookin towards an aux under splash well too

Re:'68 maritime 12 years 1 month ago #56891

• riceman
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
i work at a sheet metal shop and we make all sorts of custom stuff for boats. having a gas tank made would be pretty simple. for sure, it would be more than $25... but a custom tank to fit exactly where you want it and maximize your capacity... i would think that would be worth something. heck, if you've got a welder and all you needed was to have a few of the sides formed into shape it wouldn't be too much $ at all. just a thought.

Re:'68 maritime 12 years 1 month ago #56925

think i found a poly tank for the belly. thanks alot guys. keep u posted

Re:'68 maritime 12 years 1 month ago #57058

got the foam out and i have some corrosion to deal with. opinion wanted of best way to deal with it. cause would be crevice corrosion from the foam so heres where i stand. repair pin holes with epoxy and seal either with aluma protect or maybe urethane bedliner and i must decide whether or not to replace the foam which was the cause of my problem..... opinions
Attachments:

Re:'68 maritime 12 years 1 month ago #57059

foam gone
Attachments:

Re:'68 maritime 12 years 1 month ago #57060

i was able to salvage the original light from the top i used. goes well with the boat and the existing nav light :laugh:
Attachments:

Re:'68 maritime 12 years 1 month ago #57061

i cld maybe make an access in the floor and use this tank. wld love to but i wanna be sure before i take advantage of ur generosity. thanks again for offering it to me. still wish it wld fit under my splash well!

Re:'68 maritime 11 years 11 months ago #61785

Seeing these old Meritime Boats brought back a lot of memories, I worked for meritime back in 1965-66 good company to work for. Company was owned by Merick Lewis who owned Alliance Mfg. He also owned Formula Boats in Miami FL, they made the exact replica in fiberglass. I did all the cutting and bending of the Aluminum, I averaged about 4 boats a day. I particularly liked the swirled alum finish with clear red lacquer, what a beauty.

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.102 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)