Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1953 Mesquite FD 19' Cruiser Craft

1953 Mesquite FD 19' Cruiser Craft 12 years 2 months ago #54957

Howdy from Mesquite, Texas!

The Mesquite Fire Department is celebrating our centennial this year and we're looking for or at least trying to find out what happened to our old apparatus.

A little history: Before the City of Dallas took over rescue/recovery operations on Lake Ray Hubbard, our department had several boats that were used on the lake. Our first was a 14' wood boat donated by one of our citizens. We obviously need to upgrade and sometime in the '50s purchased a 1953 Cruiser Craft 19 foot cabin style boat.

We also had a 1954 Lone Star 14 footer that is currently safely enjoying retirement at the Texas Fire Museum in Dallas.

Other than a few pictures, that's about all we know.

Has anyone out there has seen or know the whereabouts of our old Cruiser? Attached is a picture of it on display at the State Fair (unknown year).

Any information about the make/model/manufacturer would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time,
-Lt. Chuck Schmitt
Mesquite Fire Department

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1953 Mesquite FD 19' Cruiser Craft 12 years 2 months ago #54958

My apologies - having trouble getting the pic to come through...

Re:1953 Mesquite FD 19' Cruiser Craft 12 years 2 months ago #54963

Hopefully it worked this time...

Thanks for your patience. -CS
Attachments:

Re:1953 Mesquite FD 19' Cruiser Craft 12 years 2 months ago #54966

Wow, great photo; thank you for your perseverance. Can we add this photo to the Cruiser Craft page in the FiberGlassics Library?

There are a couple enthusiasts out there who may be of help; you can find many posts in the forum archives.

Re:1953 Mesquite FD 19' Cruiser Craft 12 years 2 months ago #54967

I believe that one is called the 19' "Sunbeam" model, and they were manufactured by Phil Dill Boats out of Dallas. I've seen 2 or 3 different cabin styles, and the later ones have more of a flat top cabin, while the early 53-54's had the curved top.

I've ran across a few short ones, and two 21 1/2' ones, but not one that length up close, but there was one for sale on Dallas craigslist a month or two ago. I'll try and get ahold of a friend of mine in Dallas. I think it belonged to one of his friends so I'll see if he still has it...

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)