• Page:

TOPIC: Arkansas Traveler Question

Arkansas Traveler Question 12 years 4 months ago #52689

• g3jim
  • g3jim's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I just picked this up. Cheap cheap with a trailer. I think it is an EX-14 (explorer 14 utility).
I think the boats came painted am I correct in that assumption? Where would any ID markers or decals have been on the boat or did they not have them? If they had them are there any avail or does anyone know of anyone this is making them?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Arkansas Traveler Question 11 years 9 months ago #64844

I have an Arkansas traveler also. I believe it to be an EX-14 which stands for Explorer The utility had a different shape in the bow from what I can find. I don't know for sure about my model. There should be an ID plate on the transome near where the outboard motor mounts. Mine has the Model # blank and than another # which I assume is the serial or ID #. Mine is #14018. I don't know the year but from information on 1962 advertisement it looks to be about 1962. Also on the transom not far from the ID tag should be another Safety tag along with the maximum Horse Power that can be used on this boat. Mine lists a 17.9 HP rating. Hope this helps
Fred

Re:Arkansas Traveler Question 11 years 9 months ago #64846

I forgot I believe mine was aluminum on the outside and gray painted on the inside. But not sure as I am not the original owner. Do you know what kind of wood was used for the seats and along the top from bow to stern. I need to replace all of mine. I don't know anything about decals
Fred

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)