Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Found another Cruiser Craft

Found another Cruiser Craft 12 years 6 months ago #45949

I'm sure glad these don't show up for sale too often, sure puts a strain on a guy's pocket book, but they're just way too cool to pass up..
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Found another Cruiser Craft 12 years 6 months ago #46384

I think we determined that these were made by Phil Dill in Dallas. There is one sitting in Weatherford, Texas on hwy 51 north of town. The owner quoted me $1,000 for bare boat (no interior) and trashed trailer. There is also one in Alvarado, Texas that the owner wants $300 for. But with 4 boats my wife has drawn a line in the dirt and said one more boat and she`s gone. Sure gonna miss her cooking. ;)

Re:Found another Cruiser Craft 12 years 6 months ago #46604

• dtrek
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Very funny i feelya bro

Re:Found another Cruiser Craft 12 years 6 months ago #46684

I don't know if you live close to Alvarado or not, but if so, I'd like to check on that one if you could get me a name and number. I think I have room for one more..maybe two.

Re:Found another Cruiser Craft 12 years 6 months ago #47114

I don`t but my brother does. I`ll try go remember to call him tomorrow, get him to see if the one in Alvarado is still there, and get a phone number.

Re:Found another Cruiser Craft 12 years 3 months ago #52855

finally someone else has one of these boats i found one a year ago here in oklahoma on the side of the road in good running condition with origional johnson super sea horse 35. got the whole thing for $800!!

Re:Found another Cruiser Craft 12 years 3 months ago #52856

here is a pic of my river patrol cruisercraft

Re:Found another Cruiser Craft 12 years 3 months ago #52857

pics
Attachments:

Re:Found another Cruiser Craft 12 years 2 months ago #54965

Greetings!

Alvarado and Weatherford? Is there a chance either could be ex Mesquite Fire Department?

Please see info below:

Howdy from Mesquite, Texas!

The Mesquite Fire Department is celebrating our centennial this year and we're looking for or at least trying to find out what happened to our old apparatus.

A little history: Before the City of Dallas took over rescue/recovery operations on Lake Ray Hubbard, our department had several boats that were used on the lake. Our first was a 14' wood boat donated by one of our citizens. We obviously need to upgrade and sometime in the '50s purchased a 1953 Cruiser Craft 19 foot cabin style boat.

We also had a 1954 Lone Star 14 footer that is currently safely enjoying retirement at the Texas Fire Museum in Dallas.

Other than a few pictures, that's about all we know.

Has anyone out there has seen or know the whereabouts of our old Cruiser? Attached is a picture of it on display at the State Fair (unknown year).

Any information about the make/model/manufacturer would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time,
-Lt. Chuck Schmitt
Mesquite Fire Department
Attachments:

Re:Found another Cruiser Craft 12 years 2 months ago #55423

I don`t think so as both of these have the flat top cabin. Unable to make contact with the one in Alvarado, but will try to see if the one in Weatherford is still there.

Re:Found another Cruiser Craft 12 years 2 months ago #56233

Hi,

I have one that is a little different. I am slow to restore it. It came off of Lake Arlington, Arlington, Texas. It was apparently used as a patrol boat.

History of these boats.

My uncle had one since the 1950's. When I was a kid in the 1960's and teen in the 1970's our families did a lot of camp/fish outings. Almost everybody that caught eyes on the Cruiser Craft thought they were neat. Mr. Phil Dill of General Manufacturing of Dallas, Texas manufactured these boats. Several different styles were made.

I was traveling to a jobsite northwest of Fort Worth a few years ago. I saw what I thought was an aluminum boat in a field almost 400 feet from the highway. Wasn't sure if it was a Cruiser Craft and could not find the owner of the property. Several trips to the job site and no luck finding the property owner.

In the mean time I did some legwork and found out about Phil Dill. I went to Lewisville, Texas and found his heirs "Phil Dill Boats of Lewisville". I introduced myself to the Grandson of Mr. Phil Dill, and I asked about the old cruiser craft boats. He spoke of the history of the boats & Grandpa and showed some photos on the wall. To my surprise, they still had one of the boats in the yard under shrink-wrap. I was able to see it. Turns out a couple of photos of Grandpa and boats are on their website.

It looked just like my uncle's boat only it was in excellent condition; however, painted red and white. By the way....He is not interested in selling it!

I eventually found the property owner and purchased the boat. I have been attempting to restore it.

Turns out my boat looks like one of the boats in photos on the website. It is a longer version and has an extension on the back similar to a jackplate on a bass boat only it does not raise up and down. I assume it made the boats ride better with a larger outboard engine.

Attached are a few photos 2each of Phill Dill's and 2 each of mine. I have researched the web for a long time and have not found another "Sunbeam by Cruiser Craft" like mine. I found 1 each under restoration at a metal fabricator in Kansas? My uncles is still owned by his son and he does not want to sell it. There was one for sale in Evant, Texas a year ago. There was a butchered one in Granbury, Texas. These boats are rare; however, they are still around. After all.....they are aluminum. I only wish they were welded and not riveted.
Attachments:

Re:Found another Cruiser Craft 12 years 2 months ago #56234

Another photo of my 20' Sunbeam. Boat around 18' + factory extension of 1.5'.
Attachments:

Re:Found another Cruiser Craft 12 years 2 months ago #56235

Phil Dill's web photo #1
Attachments:

Re:Found another Cruiser Craft 12 years 2 months ago #56236

Phil Dill's web photo #2.
Attachments:

Found another Cruiser Craft 6 years 3 months ago #135385

Trying to find one of these cruiser's for myself anyone have any leads. I'm in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Please let me know been looking for one for awhile and so far this is the only site that have come across talking about them.

Thank you

Found another Cruiser Craft 5 years 3 months ago #138589

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
My Dad had one of these cruiser crafts when I was a kid, we used to load all my hillbilly family Grandma grampa aut uncle cousins mom dad me my brother, about a dozen of us cruising up the river in that boat.. Man it would be cool to have one for myself..

Golden Rule number one; While working in the bilge, absolutely under no circumstances, NO FARTING!!!! Captn Shake aka Joe.

Found another Cruiser Craft 4 years 4 months ago #141565

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Finally found mine.
Attachments:

Golden Rule number one; While working in the bilge, absolutely under no circumstances, NO FARTING!!!! Captn Shake aka Joe.

Found another Cruiser Craft 4 years 4 months ago #141566

Very cool boat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shake

Found another Cruiser Craft 4 years 4 months ago #141567

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Thank you Doug. my dad had one when I was a kid, I loved that boat! now I have one of my own..

Found another Cruiser Craft 4 years 4 months ago #141568

I think you're going to have a lot of fun with this one when you're done with it.

Found another Cruiser Craft 3 years 2 months ago #143947

I have the twin to one shown in cruisercraft14_2 sitting in Chicago area (in storage place in Big Rock). Getting ready to transport to Denver for rebuild this spring.
Story I got was from someone wanting to buy it years ago. Said his father designed it and had Cruiser craft build it. Said they liked design so much Cruiser Craft build 5 more like it.

Found another Cruiser Craft 3 years 2 months ago #143948

Have photos and will post when I have access to them.

Found another Cruiser Craft 3 years 2 months ago #143949

This is mine sitting in storage
Attachments:

Found another Cruiser Craft 3 years 1 month ago #144000

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Steve, yours looks a lot like mine.

Found another Cruiser Craft 3 years 1 month ago #144001

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Here I'll post the cruiser craft pictures I have found on the interwebs.

Found another Cruiser Craft 3 years 1 month ago #144002

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

Found another Cruiser Craft 3 years 1 month ago #144003

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

Found another Cruiser Craft 3 years 1 month ago #144004

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Attachments:

Found another Cruiser Craft 3 years 1 month ago #144005

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

Found another Cruiser Craft 3 years 1 month ago #144006

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

Found another Cruiser Craft 3 years 1 month ago #144007

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

Found another Cruiser Craft 2 years 10 months ago #144653

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
My progress to date. Cleared all the junk n gunk out, put on new trailer, picked up jet outboard motor for her and installed light bar on bow. 5/26/2021

Found another Cruiser Craft 2 years 10 months ago #144654

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.410 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6636 guests and one member online