Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: help identifying?

help identifying? 12 years 7 months ago #42875

Registration says 1958 lonestar, but I dont think it is....hull is molded without seam and soft chine. Not a single plate anywhere on the boat, only numbers I could find are about a half an inch tall and located at the center of the transom on the outside near the bottom "95"

Very fancy cleats and there is an aluminum trim in between the red and white on the side of the boat...any ideas?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:help identifying? 12 years 7 months ago #42876

Re:help identifying? 12 years 7 months ago #42972

The stiffeners in the bow look just like my Texas Maid Impala. Can you post more pictures of the stern etc.

After the owners sold Lone Star they moved up to Lewisville Tx and started Texas Maid.

Re:help identifying? 12 years 7 months ago #42996

Gotcha, here's what I have for pics now, but will take some more of the stern tonight. I have since pulled the motor and the exterior transom to look for markings...
Attachments:

Re:help identifying? 12 years 7 months ago #43698

Not a Texas Maid for sure. Different structure. Crawl up under the front deck and see if there are any markings under there. Sometimes you get lucky and somebody ided something up there.

Re: help identifying? 12 years 7 months ago #44417

Looks like a Cadillac to me. Transom construction and bracing are the same as a 58 that I had.

Re:help identifying? 12 years 6 months ago #45500

For sure not a Texas Maid. Looks some what like a Lonestar but transom does not look right. Could it be a rebuilt transom? The cleats could have come off anything. As far as Lonestar closing and starting Texas Maid that is wrong. They built boats at same time. Lonestar was bought by Chrysler 65 The Lonestar name was phased out couple of yrs latter. Now some of the employees of both companies may have worked for both. As layoffs were common. I was lucky enuf to meet the fourth employee at Lonestar. He had lots of stories he left after Chrysler took over and the union moved in. His brother worked for Texas Maid and drew the plans for the Electra. Iam sure there was ideas exchanged at Thanksgiving and Christmas. Or over a camp fire or out on the Lake. As I said I was very lucky to meet this man. He was full of information. Just goes to show you can meet all kinds of people when you drag old boats out of the weeds.

Re:help identifying? 12 years 6 months ago #45937

Nothing up underneath the deck in the bow...unfortunately. As I mentioned, I did find some numbers stamped directly in the center of the transom, not the wood, but didnt help much.

Its definitely the original transom. I found an add on ebay for Wolverine boats in 1959, one of which is the "cadillac" and the lines look extremely similar--I bough the ad so maybe it will help when it arrives....

Re:help identifying? 12 years 6 months ago #45948

For an update on Motor year, its a 1957 Johnson Golden Javelin, model RJE-19m-- Dash plate matches year as well...

Re:help identifying? 12 years 6 months ago #45978

I agree that she's probably a Cadillac- 57/58 or so. The handles are like the ones that were on a couple Cadillacs and a Mohawk built by Wagemaker also. The side trim looks like Cadillac also.
Attachments:

Re:help identifying? 12 years 6 months ago #45988

Nope it not a Lone Star...and I do not even think it is a Bud if you would turn the bottle around and take the photo it may help

1957 Lone Star beer label

,,,,OH you are talking about the boat...I was thinking beer :blush: :blush:

No for real try here
groups.yahoo.com/group/lonestarboat/

CAVU

Re: help identifying? 12 years 6 months ago #46171

Looks like a Cadillac to me as well. The rivet work on the bow is very distinctive. Have never seen that style before. Definitely not a Texas Maid or a Lone Star. Have owned 5 of them and none had this boat's features. Whatever it is, it's cool!
Paul

Re: help identifying? 12 years 6 months ago #46193

brian,
Check out the bow deck rivets on the Cadillac for sale in Wisconsin in sabre's post. Looks the same to me.
Paul

Re: help identifying? 12 years 6 months ago #46314

I agree, rivets are identical. The ad. Aluma poseted for Wagemakeris the one I just bought on ebay...I think its a wagemaker(cadillac) riveria. Cant wait to start stripping it down and planning a color scheme! Thanks for everyones help!!!!!!!

Re:help identifying? 12 years 6 months ago #46315

oh yeah, and its a Longtrail ;)

Re:help identifying? 12 years 6 months ago #46382

Lone Star was sold by the McDonald folks in 1955 to a holding company and yes it was sold in 1965 to Chrysler. I have personally talked to 6 of the previous employees and vendors. There is a bar in Lewisville that is run by one of the daughters of the Texas Maid managment. I`ll try to find her phone number.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)