Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Texas Maid decals

Texas Maid decals 12 years 8 months ago #40531

Hello,
I spoke to Mark at Vinyl Approach in Worcester, MA this morning. He had done a number of old boat decals and is willing to produce Texas Maid decals for our old boats but needs sizing information and the correct colors. For instance, I have a 1958 Bahama model runabout and I don't believe it had the red and yellow decal (maybe black and white?). He is willing to produce them at $30-$60 per pair depending on size etc.

Can anyone help? You can reach Mark at 888-887-4587 pr at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
His website is at vinylapproach.com

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help with this!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Texas Maid decals 12 years 8 months ago #40540

Here's a link to my side logos.

Hope they help. According to the ruler, the max dimensions are approximately 22" x 4.5". Of course the vinyl didn't line up on my rivet holes.

If I had to guess an original color, it would be black and marble. Probably black and creme or black and white at some point. I removed them from my 1964 in May 2011. They have alot of Texas summers on them.

My cousin did my vinyl, as he has a vinyl cutter. I think it turned out ok.. As soon as I can get facebook to come up, I'll load a pic of the final product.

Re:Texas Maid decals 12 years 8 months ago #40557

I did mine in dark red to match the secondary dark red of my boat. If you nitpick like me, you can see where my vectoring is a little jagged. Great from 10ft though.

Re:Texas Maid decals 12 years 8 months ago #40598

I feel like I'm talking to myself. I found another pic before it went on... 23.5" is what we printed...

Re:Texas Maid decals 12 years 8 months ago #40738

Thanks very much for the photos and measurements. I have seen them with Texas Maid Fleet (earlier?) rather than the model name of the boat which I think came later in the early 1960s. Mine is a 1958 and I am wondering if anyone has a decal from back then?

Re:Texas Maid decals 12 years 8 months ago #41068

Check the Glassics Library Here

I see the fonts are completely different for the earlier models. You may be able to make something out of the library pics. The only other "Texas Maid Logos" I've found on the web were the exact same font and layout as mine, except it was an Impala instead of Fiesta.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7499 guests and no members online