Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lone Star prototype

Lone Star prototype 12 years 9 months ago #37430

I bought this in Florida a few weeks back. Broke every rule on purchasing. Bought sight unseen. Paid cash, Didn't know the seller, Too far from home. But here it is. 15 Ft long a 1955. Think it's a LoneStar. Maybe a prototype for the 55 NYC boat show ! Need Feedback !
forum729.activeboard.com/t43806338/lone-star/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Lone Star prototype 12 years 9 months ago #37497

I wouldn't put too much stock into distinguishing the model of the boat by length alone. Many manufacturers reported length as measured along the side of the boat rather than centerline length and didn't bother to report how they measured. Certainly a rare and neat boat- not too many inboard aluminum boats were made/sold because it was such an expensive option for an otherwise cost-competitive type of boat.

Re: Lone Star prototype 12 years 9 months ago #39543

Eagle.. looks great! Now I gotta get my Lake N Sea in the water, along with the Lyman and Whirlwind to keep up with ya! Hope the ramp is treating ya well!

Re: Lone Star prototype 12 years 8 months ago #40410

Well it's home safe and sound. The motor is tiny ! I can't see where it ever had steering rigged anywhere ? Big difference in construction process compared to the Feather Crafts. It's a beautiful something rather another.

Re:Lone Star prototype 12 years 2 days ago #60180

The rudder from the boat was stolen. It is a unique rudder as the the prop shaft is supported by a gimbal in the the rudder. At last I found one 600 miles away !
Attachments:

Re:Lone Star prototype 12 years 1 day ago #60223

If the boat is the same one that was in that file, it is an AlumaCraft, I believe Model K. The factory built three of the inboards with the AeroJet V-drive (later bought by Lou Fageol), that used the Crosley engine. If you are looking for your missing parts, you might start there. There was one up here in northern Minnesota a few years back. I have a photo someplace, I'll look for it. I talked to Russ Swenson, AlumaCraft designer and he confirmed it. Each one is a little different as they were very much in the development stage. They never made it into production or any literature or catalog. Nice find.

Lee Wangstad

Re:Lone Star prototype 11 years 8 months ago #66450

Hello Lee ! Thank you for the feedback. The boat is definitely a Lone Star Star Jet. I do have a complete rudder assy in hand and a connection to hop up the Aerojet motor. Restoration has begun.

Re:Lone Star prototype 11 years 8 months ago #66975

• 4stroke
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

Dick Johnson

1989 16ft Sylvan

'57 Evinrude 18 (finally found a decent one)
'58 Johnson 5.5
'72 Johnson 6.0
'61 Homelite
'64 Johnson 18
'65 Homelite 55
'66 Homelite 55
'68 Bearcat 55 (3)
'70 Bearcat 55 (2)
'71 Bearcat 85 (Sold)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Donate