Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Performance?

Performance? 12 years 9 months ago #35696

In the process of refurb on 57 Lonestar Malibu and 1960 40HP Johnson Super SeaHorse. We've replaced just about every piece of rubber or gasket as well as rebuilt carb. Think we have carb dialed in, and migrated out of the barrel to the river. Some trial and error there, but, identified we had spun the prop after the engine was racing away from us. Solving that problem, BUT, the fastest we got the boat to go was 10mph (iphone/gps). Engine seemed to be wailing away and sounded great. Soooooo...Question... 14' Lonestar ...with 40HP engine should be making what speed? (I'm aware that it is rated for a 35, but PO moved station forward to accommodate heavier engine) I'm hoping the prop was slipping a lot prior to the threshold of letting loose, because i would assume we should have been doing 2-3x's that speed? thoughts? Any assistance would be helpful.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Performance? 12 years 9 months ago #35710

• TNLark35
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, Welcome to the board! Depending on your prop and load in the boat, you should be getting better than 30mph. I have a Texas Maid Osprey which is almost identical to your Malibu, and I get easy 30 mph out of my 58 Lark 35hp.

Re:Performance? 12 years 9 months ago #35745

Thanks... I had a feeling that is where we should be hovering... We're gonna strobe the flywheel to see what our rpm's are, but we feel confident that we are in the ballpark engine wise. Waiting on rehubbed prop. Hope we can get up into your range of speed.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6269 guests and no members online