• Page:

TOPIC: 1957 Lone Star Hoilday

1957 Lone Star Hoilday 4 years 2 months ago #141755

• John T.
  • John T.'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
well my newest acquisition.. I guess its true when it rains it pours.. another neat boat I just couldn't let slip by for the asking price.. looks to be a 1957 Holiday Model.. its now covered in snow awaiting warmer weather.. its pretty much all original minus the seats.. its straight and doesn't have any leaks.. has steering, gages, controls, windshield and harness still on it.. here are photos as of today....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1957 Lone Star Hoilday 4 years 2 months ago #141756

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
I see you clearly have caught the disease. There is no cure, it will not go away. It's the dreaded itfollowedmehome virus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: John T.

1957 Lone Star Hoilday 4 years 2 months ago #141758

• John T.
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

63 Sabre wrote: I see you clearly have caught the disease. There is no cure, it will not go away. It's the dreaded itfollowedmehome virus.

yes I have caught it... I have to quit looking and enjoy what I have !! if I see a deal I seem to fall for it.. running out of space is a good deterrent.. I don't think I have anymore !! lol

1957 Lone Star Hoilday 4 years 2 weeks ago #142045

• John T.
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Well I went up and picked up my Lone Star Holiday last Sunday.. we got it on a trailer it had over 100 gals. of water in it and a lot of wet debris and even still some ice .. I pulled it about a mile down the road and I could tell it was quite heavy.. we stopped at a gas station and cleared out the drain plug and it drained for quite some time.. it was a lot lighter once we got rolling again !!
we stopped on the way at a car wash and sprayed it down and pulled out most or the rotted floor to get more water out.. once it was home I pulled out over another 100 lbs. of wet debris !!

1957 Lone Star Hoilday 3 years 10 months ago #142538

I need help from both of you, I need to recreate the windshield for my Holiday. I have done a lot of work but I am struggling to find a windshield.
Attachments:

1957 Lone Star Hoilday 3 years 10 months ago #142543

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Great work! Looks good on the water. Do you still have the old windshield? It looked ok in the pics you posted or was it cracked/broken.
If it's just foggy that's usually and easy fix. If it's broken there are guys here that can direct you but I'm not one :(
Most foggy plexiglass can be buffed out with a mild car polish. There are also 3 part systems to work with. Google them.
Finding a good used one is not cheap. You can make one but it's tricky. Why don't you post on the main forum about the windshield. you'll get more answers.

1957 Lone Star Hoilday 3 years 10 months ago #142556

I don't have the original windshield it did not come with the boat. This is the third Lone Star that I have owned and have the most work into. I learned how to shoot rivets, sheetmetal work, an composite work but, the windshield it beyond what I want to do. Well thats where I have a hair brained idea. There is a company that would recreate the windshield if they had a copy(your windshield) its called UPD Plastics( www.updplastics.com/lonestar-boat-windshields/ ). When you rebuild your boat if you sent it in they would have a copy of the windshield to remake. I know this sounds crazy but the damn curvature and layout is hard to recreate(I have tried many times) its not impossible but the original is always better. Either way let me know what you think. Also I have done almost everything to this boat as so if you need help with ANYTHING let me know. This is what it looked like before I got it.
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6933 guests and no members online