Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: '57 Feather Craft Rocket

'57 Feather Craft Rocket 4 years 7 months ago #140465

I picked this old beauty up yesterday. A 1957 FC Rocket in very nice condition.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

'57 Feather Craft Rocket 4 years 7 months ago #140653

• jon_a
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
looks great!! even that 15 ought to get that boat up and going nicely

'57 Feather Craft Rocket 4 years 6 months ago #140970

I picked up a '57 Evinrude 18hp fastwin a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully I can get it running and on the boat for next spring. I am looking for a service manual (with part numbers) for this motor (see my posting in JEGO forum). If anyone has one they could send me a copy of, I would be most grateful. Cheers. Andrew
Attachments:

'57 Feather Craft Rocket 4 years 6 months ago #140971

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
CONGRATS,, you must be in Canada with flag. ? I got a blue 58 about one year ago here in Chattanooga, Tenn, Just sold to a Atlanta member...... Was looking for 40 hp , but had been running tiller Mark 25 Merc. Desirable model , feather Craft strong market.
Attachments:

'57 Feather Craft Rocket 4 years 6 months ago #140984

Yes, in Ontario, Canada. This boat has a neat history. When I purchased it, the seller mentioned that it was originally a police (RCMP) boat. His story was somewhat substantiated in that there are bolt holes on the front deck where the search light was originally mounted. After I got the boat home, I did a little research and found the attached Feather Craft newsletter from May 1957. It mentions two rockets that were destined for Canada that month to serve as RCMP cruisers. My boat has a May 1957 serial production number. Pretty neat.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Split

'57 Feather Craft Rocket 4 years 6 months ago #140985

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
WOW,, C,: That is great History.. Not quite sure if you also post in the F.C. dot NET forum.. I see a few members over the border in Canada...... At first i thought your model / unit was one of the North New YORK FLEET boats built in that area.. Maybe only Ranger models.. ? .That company newsletter is good item... .Next week here in East Tennessee is the fall rally for 5 - 6 days. last year was over 40 boats.. Heard it is already a Sell out for rooms in area. . Originally I was from Troy , New York , many summers at St lawrence river for Clayton , show / museum . LARRY
Attachments:

'57 Feather Craft Rocket 4 years 4 months ago #141353

That is one sweet lookin boat! Love to find one of these for the lady and I to putter around on the local lake with. Only seen these on the web though.

'57 Feather Craft Rocket 4 years 1 month ago #141753

I received a set of twins to accompany me and the '57 atomic rocket on the water next summer. Cool and stylish 1950s era boat fenders. These are reproductions, but still pretty awesome. Anyone else have these?
Attachments:

'57 Feather Craft Rocket 3 years 10 months ago #142354

So I have had this MK58A sitting in a crate in my garage. Since I am looking for a more powerful motor for my '57 Feather Craft Rocket, I am considering putting the two together. Has anyone run a small boat like this with a motor of this size? I am thinking it may be too heavy (and overpowered). Thoughts?

Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)