• Page:

TOPIC: New (to me) Lonestar Starfire

New (to me) Lonestar Starfire 5 years 3 months ago #138473

• mer-tex
  • mer-tex's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I just became the proud owner of a 1956 Lonestar Starfire, inboard. I was told it was never in production. I have the factory flyer advertising it but can find nothing else beside what is on the Fiberglassic site. I have spoken to several boat parts/supply/dealers and they have never seen or heard of one. Anyone out there ever seen or hear of anything on it? I am playing everything by ear as far as equipping it and making it water-ready. All help will be mucho appreciated.....Tom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New (to me) Lonestar Starfire 5 years 3 months ago #138512

• ebdn
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello Tom,
Perhaps you purchased the Starfire that used to be in Waco Texas, as shown here on the Antique Boat America site:
www.antiqueboatamerica.com/Print.asp?boatid=37122
There may be at least one more in existence as seen some distance down in the forum on this site that apparently came from Florida:
danefield.com/alpha/forums/topic/12663-a-day-out-for-my-40th-b-day/

The Starfire appears to me to have been built on the same hull that Lone Star introduced in 1956 as both the Skipper, as an open hull, and the Clipper, as a two-cockpit runabout. So you can find more related information and pictures of similar boats by searching this site and the web for those boats also.
Ed

New (to me) Lonestar Starfire 5 years 3 months ago #138519

• ebdn
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
In the last post I made a mistake about the boat from Florida. From other forums that show this boat, it appears that it is not a 56 StarFire but a 55 Star Jet, also by Lone Star. The Star Jet can be seen near the bottom of page 2 of the 1955 Lone Star catalog in the Glassics Gallery. Here is another site with pictures of the same boat. The engine matches the brochure for the Star Jet, not the StarFire. Also the corners at the transom are curved, where the Starfire is square.

www.boatdesign.net/threads/the-unknown-1955-lonestar-inboard.39228/

Here is another possible StarFire sighting. These pictures were linked from another forum that I can’t find anymore, but at the time I copied some of the information. The comments said that the writer thought this was a modified StarFire, with the engine compartment moved forward and the cockpit moved back. It now had a V8 engine. The hull design, the trim around the cockpits and the rocket on the bow look like the StarFire. Here is the link to the pictures -

photobucket.com/images/Lone+Star,+'55+Starfire/?/

Ed

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)