Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How much for my boat?

How much for my boat? 5 years 7 months ago #137367

We are thinking about selling our 1965 Texas Maid 20ft Electra. We have had it for over 27 years and I have rebuilt it several times and in very good condition. We have several boats and this one has not been used in a few years and my wife does not like to ride in it anymore so we were considering selling it.
I know it is only work what someone will pay for it but this is a rare boat and there have been a lot of upgrades. Does anyone have an idea of what this would go for in the Dallas TX area?
I attached some pics to help out. I appreciate your assistance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How much for my boat? 5 years 7 months ago #137373

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Good looking cruiser redeye, sure you want to sell it? I believe the market is rather "Soft" (low prices) right now, but you never know when somebody is going to come along and pay your asking price. Start higher than you would actually take, it gives you room to barter down and let the buyer feel like he is getting a better deal in some instances. Just my personal guess but I'd start it around $4500 if you're serious about selling it. Good luck with the sale.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redeye1962

Mark

How much for my boat? 5 years 7 months ago #137382

I appreciate your response. Fortunately we do not need to sell it but hate to see it just sit there and go bad after I have spent so much time getting it fixed. You are right where we were thinking. I was going to go 5k and see if anyone is willing to go that high.

How much for my boat? 5 years 7 months ago #137383

asked 5k for mine.very firm and got it. took about 2 months. could of sold to a number of people they were all waiting for phone calls . first caller got it.

How much for my boat? 5 years 7 months ago #137411

I could not do it. My son was against it but told him I was asking 5k and he changed his mind a bit but since I went out there and cleaned I would like to work on it and take it out with me to the lake. We have a 31 ft sea ray but I do not like taking it out by myself so this would allow me to go for a stroll around the lake.
I did have some guy who did not flinch at 5k and others telling me they just wanted something to putt around in and fish..................riiiight. Anyway, I have had this for over half my life and it seems to be a part of me. So I will keep it for now and know it will go up in value as it ages.

How much for my boat? 5 years 6 months ago #137772

• jon_a
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
i would think that your best price would be fetched selling the motor separately- it looks rather new. figure what they're selling for and then what you might be able to get for the boat. ultimately, to better match the model year- an old omc V4 or mercury straight 6 would have been the power plant for that boat for folks looking for exciting performance back in the day.

worth a thought- i'm no new OMC effort but i'm guessing the motor is at least 40 years newer than the boat- may be in strong demand being a newer V4 as compared to someone considering a ridiculously priced boring performing four stroke.....

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)