Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1964-65 LONE STAR RELIANT

1964-65 LONE STAR RELIANT 6 years 8 months ago #133233

Friends,

I've found another "out in the pasture" 18 FOOT "tin" boat. - In this case a Horizon Blue over White, 64-65 model Lone Star Reliant on a SHORELINE trailer, which is "all in one piece" but NEEDS significant repair/repainting.

Three questions:
1. Do any of you have GOOD photo(s) of the original interior seating/trim of the RELIANT??
2. Which company made the original seats??
(I'm told that Lone Star bought their seats from "an outside vendor" in that era.)
and
3. Would a pair of 40HP 1964 "Johnnyrudes" be enough power for the BIG "tin" hull??
(It's rated for 100HP by OMC.)

THANKS, satx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

1964-65 LONE STAR RELIANT 6 years 8 months ago #133279

I had a Reliant years ago, was very happy with it. It handled well, dry ride, good in L. Champlain conditions.
1. - the only pics of a original interior are from a 64 Catalog - I cropped nd enlarged them to see the seats better.

2. - seats DO look standard for the mid 60s, but no info about seat vendor.

3. Mine had a 100 Merc , more than enough power. Next owner now has a 35HP on it and new owner is happy with it- not fast, does plane though. Twin 40s "should" be good I'd think - a friend had a 16' Lone*Star Medallion with twin MK 58s and it ran very well.

The only other Reliant interior pics I've found had pedestal chairs in place of the original back-to-backseats.

1964-65 LONE STAR RELIANT 6 years 8 months ago #133280

alumaglass.

FIRST: THANKS for the answer. Also, THANKS for the photos.
(Wishing that they could be "printed out" on a printer. - Cannot get them to print on 8.5x11 paper for some reason. - Likely my fault.)

I suspect that a PAIR of 40HP 1965 "Johnnyrudes" will be what I choose for power, as I can turn one off to troll inexpensively, out on the salt..

yours, satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803

1964-65 LONE STAR RELIANT 6 years 7 months ago #133691

BBTTT

Thomas Jefferson, 1803
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6625 guests and no members online