Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Another reach out for help with boat manufacturer

Another reach out for help with boat manufacturer 7 years 7 months ago #125661

Here we go again. Another new guy and the first thing he wants to know is who made his new to him older tin boat with no nameplate. Gotta start somewhere, and all advice pointed me here.

I have searched and searched, looked at thousands of boat pics, and only found about 7 or 8 boats identical to this one. To make matters worse, of those who I could track down to try to get mfgr/year, could not read the nameplate or it was missing.

So, I am putting this in the hands of the members of this site to see if anyone out there might be able to help. All I know is that it is a nominal 12' boat with a pretty wide beam appx 54". All records for this boat show it as mfgr/model/year unknown. Wisconsin DNR gave me a hull ID# to put on little tinnie.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide.

File Attachment:

File Name: Boat_searc...date.doc
File Size:22 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Another reach out for help with boat manufacturer 7 years 7 months ago #125843

• Ike
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
not sure but it looks like one of the old Sears Roebuck boats. They were made by a variety of manufacturers. Or.... could be a Grumman. They made aluminum boats like that one.

Peter D. Eikenberry
newboatbuilders.com
"Don't tell me that I can't. tell me how I can."

Re:Another reach out for help with boat manufacturer 7 years 7 months ago #126246

UPDATE!!!!

Thanks for the reply Ike. Happy to update that my Saga has successfully ended. My boat was made by Rich Line somewhere between 1965 and 1970. The model is called "Sportsman." There is some interesting reading and pictures and brochure information in the administrators Vintage Rich Line Boats group on Yahoo and his Facebook Club. My thanks to him and his efforts on my and other behalf.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)