Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lone Star "Commander" serial number?

Lone Star "Commander" serial number? 8 years 1 month ago #120472

Hi
I acquired the boat from a brother who said he could not find the title which is needed in IL. It has an IL hull number and a 1971 registration sticker. I sent both numbers in to the state with money for a title search and the reply was that records that old had been purged! They included a form for a sale or transfer, but couldn't tell me from whom. Typical for an IL state government office.

I can not find a serial number anywhere. There is one plate which says "Commander" on the top line and "Lonestar fleet" on the second line.
Can anyone tell me when Lone Star started using serial numbers or where they put them on this model boat?

It needs the transom wood replaced. I have some 2 inch white oak, does white oak hold up where it can get wet, anyone have experience with different woods?

Thanks All
Dale

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Lone Star "Commander" serial number? 8 years 1 month ago #120484

dale1939,

WELCOME ABOARD.

CONGRADS on being given the nice Lone Star.

IF it was mine I would use either 3 half-inch thicknesses of plywood & bedded in epoxy peanut butter or 2 layers of three-quarter ply as plywood is much stronger than lumber & if sealed will outlast the hull.

yours, satx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6381 guests and no members online