• Page:

TOPIC: Knoxville ,Tenn Feather Craft Rally ,outboard meet

Knoxville ,Tenn Feather Craft Rally ,outboard meet 8 years 6 months ago #115632

• Split
  • Split's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Last SAt was a nice display of the smaller 50's type AL. Feather Craft speedsters..A dry meet of out boarders had a. Buy / sell event very near the Allison plant... Known as Louisville show it was the one year since the passing of our host HENRY champs due to his Cancer fight.
A beautiful restored Race FLYER was displayed as a newly transported Crest- Liner JETSTREAK.
A beautiful polished 49 Vagabond on yellow TeeNee trl from Mich was a big hit. Otting a Green 49 Mercury with Electric Start.!
A few of the GOLD anodized Rocket from 56 & 58 were on hand.
Recent JETSTREAK from New York to Noeth Car owner JohnR
Nice line up of boats.. Club did some major long cruises during the week here on the Tenn River
Two seat models are typically the Vagabond models of late 40's to about 57.
Long term experience mentors were on hand for this Bi-annual gathering of Mtn boys .. From left is vintage racer and Merc speed guru Roger H,,,,long time racer and mega shops owner JESSE A... Pell city, Ala Doug,,,
And long time collector / display member LARRY F

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Knoxville ,Tenn Feather Craft Rally ,outboard meet 8 years 6 months ago #115642

This year's meet & cruise event was a standout among several good shows at Louisville. They have the same event twice a year, spring and fall.

After the AOMCI meet, there was an 11 Feathercraft boat flotilla cruise to lunch 'on' the water at Sweet P's for bbq. Great spot BTW. 10 made it back under their own power.

Ray has handcrafted nearly all of this boat, a 1950 FC Flyer, except the lower exterior hull:
Before:

After:

amazing craftsman ^^^

Lots of those FC fellas do amazing aluminum work.

Thanks for posting the pix, I really enjoyed the meet and cruises.

My FC's are the double stacked ones in the background of one of your pix. A 1954 FC Topper, w/ an factory optional center deck to allow for rear-steer console rather then 'normal' tiller steer and a late 60's early 70's FC Fisher, the one on the bottom. Both are recent purchases.

Plan to attend the Spring meet too, and I encourage any one that likes old outboards or boats, particularly tin boats, attend the show. Previous meets also had vintage glass and wood boats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7053 guests and one member online