Allan Manufacturing Company
400 Duffy Ave.
Hicksville, New York
The Allan Manufacturing Company was touted in 1956 as the largest producer of fishing tackle hardware. The company sourced some materials like brass and aluminum from the American Brass Company (Product Engineering Vol. 27, Issues 5-8). They are later found listed as a leading manufacturer of fishing rod holders, line guides, and other rod hardware.
Also in 1956, Allan Manufacturing is noted as offering stainless steel transom plates (The Rudder, Volume 72).
By the late 1950s, chrome-plated bow lights and deck hardware were offered through Allan Marine, Inc. By 1961, the firm may have been acquired by the Jervis Corporation as both products and advertisements have been found from Allan-Jervis Marine of Hicksville, NY. Allan Marine, Inc. is listed as a subsidiary of Jervis Corporation by 1967; by 1969 Allan Manufacturing reappears located in Deer Park, New York. More history about these two companies is needed. Additional information will be added as it becomes available.