Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Snow Boating in MN

Snow Boating in MN 10 years 11 months ago #76741

Will the snow ever go away in Minnesota? Here's what I have to contend with. It's almost the end of April and boating is a long ways off.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Snow Boating in MN 10 years 11 months ago #76763

Well it finely got to 50 today but still some ice on the lakes
in southern Mn. hope it will be gone by this weekend

Charles

Re:Snow Boating in MN 10 years 11 months ago #76770

Well not to rub it in but it should be around upper 60's here this weekend. :)

Bob

Re:Snow Boating in MN 10 years 11 months ago #76837

Here in La Crosse (on Wisconsin's west coast) we tied a record from the late 1800's on Friday for the latest date to hit 60. We kind of skipped right over them into the low 70's. All of that snow that Andreas and all of the others in northern Minnesota and Wisconsin got in the last couple weeks should be heading our way down the Mississippi very shortly. I have heard that some of the lakes up north still have 2 feet of ice on them, and the opening weekend of fishing is next week. I hope all of the guys heading up there throw the ice auger in the boat, just in case.
Bill

Re:Snow Boating in MN 10 years 11 months ago #76841

Here in Holcombe we still have ice (unsafe but still ice covered) in some areas. Yesterday I needed to test run a fresh 40 Johnson rebuild & was able to back into the ramp & pull power with the boat strapped to the trailer. Ice should be gone in a day or two.

As for Bill in LaCrosse, we are going to be sending you plenty of water. The gates are open & the Chippewa is flowing.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6031 guests and one member online