• Page:

TOPIC: I understand finally!

I understand finally! 12 years 9 months ago #37659

• DaveK
  • DaveK's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Since about the end of Oct. I have been redoing this boat. I need to restore the fuel tank, before sliding her into the water, but I am happy to get to this point. There was a car and boat show at a nearby lake here in Ohio at Indian Lake, Ohio. After a marathon week working on it. I finally got the trailer hitch completed on Fri.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:I understand finally! 12 years 9 months ago #37679

Beautiful!

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:I understand finally! 12 years 9 months ago #37683

• Robby321
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 10
What year is the vette? 56/7 single headlight?, or 58/62 twin? NICE ride! My older brother had a 53, and a Baby Switzer/20H Merc, way back when. And the boat is so "classic"! My dads friend had similar, but a green Johnny, and I learned to (kinda, just a kid) ski behind it!
Nice "package" ya got there!

Re:I understand finally! 12 years 9 months ago #37685

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Gorgeous, both units Dave. Don't know that I've ever seen a trailer hitch on a vintage 'Vette. Good on ya', restore 'em to enjoy 'em! ;)

Mark

Re:I understand finally! 12 years 9 months ago #37714

• DaveK
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Robby, the Corvette is a '62, the boat is a '58 and the Evinrude is a '57. I am 3rd owner of the car and boat. The motor I have no clue as I found it in a junk yard. All of these have been "redone".

Mark, actually the '62 and earlier Corvettes saw quite a few with hitches. The solid rear axles make them very similar to any car of the time. Naturally over the past 40 yrs. people took them off. They are not real hard to find at swap meets, if you are looking. I made mine to use with the 1 1/4" receiver and I can take the whole hitch assy. off in less time then it took to type this.

Thanks all.....

Re:I understand finally! 12 years 9 months ago #37719

Dave,
Thats a phenominal pairing! Really like the woody boats, as you can probably tell and have always loved the straight axle vettes!

Bob

Re:I understand finally! 12 years 9 months ago #37753

Dave, I would really enjoy seeing a few photos of your hitch assembly. I have a 1954 Bel Air 4-door sedan that would love to see a hitch and one of our boats pulled behind. Would be very interested in seeing how you make yours work!

Re:I understand finally! 12 years 9 months ago #37831

• DaveK
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
I just got home from my hospital day. I will hope to get some pictures tomorrow. It is so simple on this car, it is criminal not to have one. A boat would look awesome behind that '54 Chevy!

Re:I understand finally! 12 years 9 months ago #37834

Thanks Dave! hey, if you've been laid up.. then take a while, no need for the pictures tomorrow, take 'em when ya feel good buddy. Thanks... your boat looks awesome behind the corvette! cheers!

Andy

Re:I understand finally! 12 years 9 months ago #37913

• DaveK
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Andy, no I am not laid up. I have cancer that I have been fighting for the past almost 8yrs. and yesterday was scan day. MRI, CT, full Bone and X-ray day. Friday I spend another day there so they can tell me where now. I do this every 30 days. I do this every 90days to see where it is now. Thyroid cancer that has moved to lungs, liver,ribs,spine, pelvis and femurs. The boat thing is one of many things to do on my bucket list. One was the Corvette, I finished it 3 yrs. ago. It was going to be a retirement project, but I had to step up my "to do" list. If you take one thing out of the bucket, but sure to put another thing to do back in. You don't want to get to the bottom of the bucket. LOL

I will post pictures of the trailer hitch in the trailer section, under the name "Old car hitch).

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7816 guests and no members online