Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Any other PY Dynamold owners around?

Any other PY Dynamold owners around? 9 years 1 month ago #106250

Last year we picked up a 13' '59 Penn Yan Dynamold complete with matching '59 trailer and 18HP Seahorse OB. Never made it in the water, due to a host of other projects-actually we pretty much brought it home and put it in the shed-never even tried starting the motor (I was NOT looking for a boat at the time-DH found it and once he showed me the pics it was pretty much a forgone conclusion that it was coming home). It's pretty original and seems to be in good shape although we've never owned a wooden boat so maybe we're wrong, lol. Needs a repaint and the bright work needs refinished. In searching around it seems that there aren't many Dynamolds out there.

Apparently we're good at finding uncommon boats. Our previous boat: www.fiberglassics.com/fiberglassics-forums/home/main-forum/can-anyone-id-this-boat . We did end up selling it before starting a resto-sold it in an attempt to get it a home with someone that would at least try to restore it since they invested some cash in it ($75, but still). About 3 months after we hauled it home we had an accepted offer on our current house which has been a giant project so we knew we wouldn't have the time for it. Saw it, still untouched, on craigslist for a couple hundred bucks about a year later. No idea what happened to it after that but I'm hoping its in a shop somewhere getting the resto it deserves. Before that we had a Bayliner Mutiny, and even our local bayliner dealer thought it was a Capri so apparently they aren't that common either.

This is our Dynamold.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Any other PY Dynamold owners around? 9 years 1 month ago #106277

mutiny,

WELCOME ABOARD. = NIFTY little Penn Yan, too.

yours, satx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat