Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: WTB-looking for a rare 1975 IMP X 176 to restore

WTB-looking for a rare 1975 IMP X 176 to restore 11 years 7 months ago #68924

I have been hunting for at least 4 years all over the internet, now for this boat a 75 IMP X 176 and have had no luck. If anyone has seen one, knows of one for sale please let me know. Thank you.

There isn't very many of them and rare is the main problem. I happen to be personal friends with the head designer of IMP when it was in business. He showed me an old IMP brochure with this model in it and was telling me stories of how the design came about and by the time he was done I fell in love with this boat.

email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:WTB-looking for a rare 1975 IMP X 176 to restore 11 years 7 months ago #68950

I would love to hear more about this model. Do you have nay pictures of this boat? Was IMP made in Iola, Kansas?

Re:WTB-looking for a rare 1975 IMP X 176 to restor 11 years 7 months ago #69010

This boat looks neat, with some of the different things Gary designed into it such
as the dash/console area. I can get the image from the brochure that he has and post it.
It's a 17'6" closed bow inboard V8. Yes IMP right from Iola Kansas, I live about 30 min East
of there. IMP was it before Cobalt got started then they took over in the higher ends boats.

Re:WTB-looking for a rare 1975 IMP X 176 to restore 11 years 7 months ago #69036

IMP started out as Iola Molded Plastics. They started up in 1960 as the licensee to make "Red Fish" brand boats. When Red Fish went belly up in 1962, IMP continued to operate as its own independent company.

She went thru several ownership changes and eventually closed their doors.

Andreas

Re:WTB-looking for a rare 1975 IMP X 176 to restor 11 years 7 months ago #69066

A real shame to on how the company ended. The last company that owned them was in electronics
or something....then obviously knew nothing about building boats and didn't take long and it was over
in the late 80's ? not sure. To bad great product in it's day.

Re:WTB-looking for a rare 1975 IMP X 176 to restore 11 years 7 months ago #69724

Have you tried Raymonds Boat and Motor Sales in Osage Beach, MO?
5874 US 54 Expressway, Osage Beach,MO 65065 573-348-5115
www.raymondsboats.com
They were a IMP dealer in the day. They have several U-Fix its available. Not sure if they have that exact model. But it would be worth a call to Raymond.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)