• Page:

TOPIC: 74 seabreeze

74 seabreeze 12 years 2 months ago #55520

• wayne55
  • wayne55's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
i have a 1974 seabreeze, i was thinking of raising the floor 15 inches to have storage, live well an fish box, my question is, i was going to make it out of wood, i know the wood needs to be sealed, can i just use resin instead of wrapping it with cloth, also what would make this hull kind of unstable? if 2 or more people are on one side it leans to that side, not to the point of tipping over, but noticably leans, any help would be great, thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:74 seabreeze 12 years 2 months ago #55539

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
If you would post some pics of the Seabreaze it might help the gang render some useful advise, Wayne. Generally speaking, raising the floor 15" would raise the center of gravity, making the boat even more unstable. Not being familiar with your particular hull design, anything beyond that statement would be conjecture (guessing).

While some folks just soak the bottom of the sole (floor) with resin, I believe the more durable projects use at least a layer or two of chopped strand mat (csm). Many opt for multiple layers on the top, alternating csm and cloth or bi-axial mat. Not only does this add to the prevention of moisture getting into the wood, but also adds strength.

Just my two cents worth, hope to see some pics of your proposed project. ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mark
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'