• Page:

TOPIC: Glaspar Citation

Glaspar Citation 12 years 3 months ago #54687

• robeye
  • robeye's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm usually on the main forum because my Performer is a 1959.. But the other day a second boat followed me home. I got it in a trade.. and I was more interested in the motor and the trailer.. but the boat is in good condition. The fella tells me it's a 1972 Glaspar Citation. The interior is still original and in good shape, except the faux wood dash is peeling. Also somebody repainted the hull and part of the top side.. Not a good job. Only looks good from 20 feet away.
My real problem is finding the Hull ID number ? can anyone tell me where it should be ? I've looked in the usual places.

Ya it's cold here.. and i pulled it through the snow for 4 hours to get it home..
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Check out what I\\\'m up to in the shop.... www.robeye.blog.com .. New blog www.robeye.net

Re:Glaspar Citation 12 years 3 months ago #54691

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Looks like a pretty nice Citation Rob, congrats! We've got quite a few Glaspar folks here, I'm sure someone will be able to help with where to find the HID number. (Probably wouldn't have too much trouble finding a buyer if you decide to unload it, too?) No registration numbers, did you get any papers with the boat? Man, the pic with all that snow is making me feel cold !!! :laugh:

Mark

Re:Glaspar Citation 12 years 3 months ago #54695

• robeye
  • robeye's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks Mark:
Yes sadly when someone painted the hull they removed the numbers & the Glaspar badges. I found the the number in the glove box and I have a bill of sale.. so when I get the HID number I can get the boat in my name no problem. It was a super deal for me and only needs a few hours to be ready for the lake. I'll use this boat to test out my three Chrysler motors. then find a new home for it.. with a 55 hp on it.
Attachments:

Check out what I\\\'m up to in the shop.... www.robeye.blog.com .. New blog www.robeye.net

Re:Glaspar Citation 12 years 2 months ago #56694

We have a nearly identical boat, the interior is the same color, but the dash is configured a little differently. From the looks of it, it could be that your boat was orginally the same pea-soup green all over that ours is, but the hull and parts of the deck were painted white.
Ours only has a small manufacturers ID plate just to the right of the steering wheel; there was no hull ID number. When we originally purchsed and registered the boat in New Jersey, we had to take it to the local State Police marine station (at a nearby lake) and have the look the boat over, check to see if there were any reports of a stolen boat matching the description, and then issue a HID number to it.
I hope this helps.

Re:Glaspar Citation 11 years 9 months ago #64880

That looks just like my 1969 glasspar "Avalon" 15 footer! Sure that's not an Avalon?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)