Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Started my first prject

Started my first prject 12 years 6 months ago #49042

I know this isn't the most stylish of boats but out of the 3 i have its the most strait forward to repair. If every thing goes well ill have it out on saluda river fishing my day away this coming spring.

I cut what was left of the floor out, and found as i was expecting all the stringers are completely rotted.

I am getting all the old foam out. its kinda slow going. i have found 2 tools to make it easier. An old cheap garden shovel and a Black and Decker project-mate using the scraping attachment.

I am going to get one of those oscillating tools from tractor supply to cut the rest of the floor out and any close edge cutting i have to do.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Started my first prject 12 years 6 months ago #49044

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
"Ataboy" for getting started on her RB, take your time and document (with pics too) everything on placement, size, etc. as (before) you tear her down. You'll love the oscillating (multi) tools, they're great!

Mark

Re:Started my first prject 12 years 6 months ago #49050

welcome rbrown,i dont know how i got along without my multi tool,i bought it at harbor frieght,and use it constantly.
that boat will be a darn nice one,when your done,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Started my first prject 12 years 5 months ago #49524

Finally got an oscillating tool had to go to HF for one. Looks like tractor supply is on back order for them. I finished cutting out the floor leaving about an inch or so of fiberglass that went over the floor. I have scraped out 99% of the foam not much of it left except right around the stringers.

I was thinking and let me know if I am on the wrong track. I want to take some foam and cut it to fit under the lip of fiber glass then glass it in making a sturdy lip for the floor to sit on. Just don't know if its a good idea or not.

Re:Started my first prject 12 years 5 months ago #49555

I think that will work. I thought about doing something similar on my Glastron but after replacing all of the stringers, I figured that the bond between the new deck and the inside walls would be very strong and I didn't put any support there.

Hello, World!!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted