TOPIC: 1972 Arrow Glass Cobra

1972 Arrow Glass Cobra 12 years 7 months ago #46185

• Nick
  • Nick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi folks,
This is another boat in the collection that is a very nice original. This boat is mostly all original with it's gauges and interior, motor, trailer. Found this boat also on Craig's list and it was about a 3 hour drive to pick it up. When I saw it I knew I had to have it. It was clean, original, unmolested, paint good, etc...

All that was wrong was the engine had a noise in it which didn't concern me much. I ended up getting another power head off ebay and now it runs great. I got some good deoxidizer and buffed out the paint and now it has a strong glossy shone to it and looks great. The windshield frame shined up real nice and the gauges in the dash also work. I did install a CMC tilt/trim unit and added a gauge for it in the dash otherwise it has the original Aqua Meter gauges.

The seats are a bit weather worn along with the carpet but not bad. Overall this boat will clean up real good. I love the yellow paint and the Evinrude purrs. I got a powerhead off ebay and it was a good one with 120 on all four cylinders. After I rebuilt the carbs and synchronized the motor it runs great. It has the original electric shift gear case and shifter that works very smooth. It's 15' of fun in the sun and also another Rare boat I am told.

This boat has a "Hook" on the bottom of it and I am told only a few of these came off the line with it. It makes the boat get up on plane quickly and also stops it from porpoising which is great. It does slow it down a but from making the keel dig in a bit but it rides excellent. I couldn't ask for a better riding boat. And these were only made for two years which was 1972 and 1973 so not too many of these boats around. And to find one in such good shape and in Yellow was for me a fantastic find.

Nick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1972 Arrow Glass Cobra 12 years 7 months ago #46187

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Good looking Arrow Glass Nick, and welcome aboard. What do you have under the cover behind it?

Edit: just read the other post, an AG Cheetah!?

Mark

Re:1972 Arrow Glass Cobra 12 years 7 months ago #46196

• Nick
  • Nick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Mark,
Under the cover is another Tri Hull boat but it isn't the Cheetah. That is a 1981 Silverline Catalina 16' with a Mercury Tower of Power 115 inline 6. That doesn't fit the criteria of this board so it's left out. It is a nice boat however and rides very smooth and with that loud tall motor it really moves but man does it like to drink the fuel...

Nick

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)