• Page:

TOPIC: 197? pretty sure is a Chrysler Conqueror

197? pretty sure is a Chrysler Conqueror 13 years 5 months ago #20075

• Kevin.S
  • Kevin.S's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey I was just wondering if anyone knows what kind of boat I have lol. New to this boat restoration its really intense but fun. I believe its a chrysler conqueror.. If so does anyone know where I can get a windshield for it. Im missing it..
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:197? pretty sure is a Chrysler Conqueror 13 years 5 months ago #20085

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Welcome Kevin. There were some links posted in the other Conqueror thread, I think you may find them helpful in your search for parts and info:

Here is a link to a site that has a bunch of Chrysler boat information on it : www.chryslercrew.com/

They also have a yahoo group that is a great resource to parts and information : groups.yahoo.com/group/thechryslercrew/

Here is a link to my Conqueror 105 : picasaweb.google.com/jlsperko/ChryslerConquerer#

If you don't have any luck with the decals, you can send pics to a good vinyl reproduction guy and they can make new ones for you. Vinyl Approach is and advertiser here, so I would recommend them first. (Just click the "Glassic Business" link at the top of the page for their contact info.)
Good luck and keep us posted on your progress, I think those are sharp looking boats.

Mark

Re:197? pretty sure is a Chrysler Conqueror 13 years 5 months ago #20088

• Kevin.S
  • Kevin.S's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey thankyou, like i mentioned before I am new to this resoration process I am really liking the work but wow does it cost a bunch of money to do haha. its well worth it though. I just finished glassingin the transom last night(finished at 3am works going to suck today) do you have any tips on refinishing the hull.. there is some pretty deep scatches in it.. could i just patch over it with some short strand fiber glass putty and seal it well with a primer??? or is there something else i should do with it?

Re:197? pretty sure is a Chrysler Conqueror 13 years 5 months ago #20089

• MarkS
I'll leave the advise on scratch repair and such to others here who have much more experience and knowledge on the subject. I can, however, recommend a couple of good sources for reading up on the subject. The book "Runabout Renovation" by Jim Anderson is often referred to as a good starting point for novices in the field.

Another excellent read is the tutorial (book) written by Jamil Mehdi (godelescher) in the Research/Restoration link in the tool bar at the top of the page. Here's the link;
www.fiberglassics.com/restoration/page-2

Mark

Re:197? pretty sure is a Chrysler Conqueror 12 years 6 months ago #47471

Hello, I just joined and have 3 Conqueror 105's. I'd like to see some better pics of this one.Bryan

Re:197? pretty sure is a Chrysler Conqueror 12 years 6 months ago #47531

Boy, The more I look at the picture ,the more it looks like my Charger SE. The only difference is the SE has a smooth front deck for the wild graphics they did.
Also, on the transom the year is stamped in. Is yours the dark blue hull originally? It sure looks it. I thought only the Charger SE's got the color ,with the rest being white.
Attachments:

Re:197? pretty sure is a Chrysler Conqueror 12 years 4 months ago #51879

I am happy to just get one Conqueror(73) and you have three, got any extra gauges for mine?

Re:197? pretty sure is a Chrysler Conqueror 12 years 4 months ago #52151

It's nice to get a reply from another Conqueror owner! I bought my first Conqueror(it's a 74) a few years ago. I rebuilt the transom,swapped on a 1977 105 in place of a 80 hp Merc. I have a lot of fun with it and it runs about 50 mph.
I actually have/had 4 Conquerors. My son found one in northern Michigan and I needed a trailer to go get it. I responded to a Craigslist ad for a boat/trailer for $75 ,when we got there I saw it was a Conqueror 140 ( Conqueror 2),I paid for it and got it home and found out the 140 runs!! The hull was split along th transom bottom and a tree had fallen on it. We stripped it and junked the hull.
My Conqueror from northern Michigan is a 76 (Conqueror 3) and I bought it to build a Charger SE clone. I swapped the windshield with Conq 1 and got a decent 12 gallon fuel tank too.
The latest is a 78 Charger SE (Conqueror 4)and a rare one at that.It is actually "midnight blue" and had graphics and pinstripes in gold. I'm restoring it and the guy I got it from already gutted the floor ,stringers and transom, replaced the wood and reglassed it all. The best part is it is pretty complete, with all the pieces and parts.
Where are you located? I'm in St.Clair Shores ,Michigan ,just north of Detroit. I know of a boat junkyard with a Conqueror 21 and it has all the gauges and wiring in it.
I'll check back in on this site more often.

Re:197? pretty sure is a Chrysler Conqueror 12 years 4 months ago #52999

My boat was pretty trashed but I got it for $400 and the 130 motor was in ok condition. I have the boat apart at a fibreglass shop, not going as well as I had hoped for as the guy didn't do some of the things he was supposed to do and took some short cuts. I cleaned up the motor and it looks pretty good. Some day I might get it put back together I am in Killeen TX. I have a few motor parts left over from a spare 120 if you need something.
Attachments:

Re:197? pretty sure is a Chrysler Conqueror 12 years 4 months ago #53028

• MarkS
Your motor looks good, sorry to hear about your woes at the 'glass shop. If they're not doing the work up to your standards / expectations, consider bringing her home and finishing it up yourself. I know it (working with fiberglass) seems intimidating, but the gang here is great about helping rookies like us get started! You can do it. Keep us posted...... ;)

Mark

Re:197? pretty sure is a Chrysler Conqueror 12 years 4 months ago #53035

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)