Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: WTB 70's sea ray 18-20ft

WTB 70's sea ray 18-20ft 8 years 1 month ago #120173

Hello mates,

Not sure where to post but I am interested in buying a 1970's 180SRV etc, can be outboard or IO. One thing on the early models I dont understand is that the windshield has no pass thru nor do they have anchor lockers on the bow. Wondered how folks with this vintage throw the hook?

I think that the mid 70's offered a pass through windshield so this feature would be of more interest.

Let me know, I live in Illinois.

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:WTB 70's sea ray 18-20ft 8 years 1 month ago #120175

Besides here you might want to post your WTB here...

www.facebook.com/groups/43741356537/

I have ran across a few For Sale posts there and shared them here and I think a few found new hoes here.

Karsten

Re: WTB 70's sea ray 18-20ft 8 years 1 week ago #121162

I live in Michigan and own a 1970 Sea Ray SRV180 Outboard. The reason there is no pass through the front windshield, on my boat, is because the optional 18 gallon gas tank is stored up front under the bow. That tank pretty much uses up the entire area.

I am the second owner of this 1970 SRV-180 and have owned and maintained her for 15 years. The previous owner I knew personally and was a fanatic, like me, taking care of this boat. I noticed your post as I was actually thinking of selling her and getting a little larger boat.

Let me tell you a little about her. Her name is "DARCY" she is Avacado colored and is all original; including the propeller on the original Merc ThunderBolt 1115 (115hp). She has a full camper top and side curtans. Original seats and carpeting which are also Avacado colored - well the interior is a darker green. She is not showroom but she is very clean, nice looking, and the super clean outboard runs awesome. The original gelcoat is in pretty darn good condition with a nice shine. I am looking to get $5000 for the boat and I have no trailer as she hangs and is stored in my boathouse. She has always been covered and out of the water when not in use which is why she is in such excellent condition.

There is a YouTube video I took, I think two years ago now..

I just joined the group and not sure how to insert pictures but if you might be interested let me know. I live in Algonac Michigan. The boat has never seen salt water and has been strictly on Lake St. Clair and rivers.

Denny Downing

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6869 guests and no members online