• Page:

TOPIC: I love it when a plan comes together

I love it when a plan comes together 13 years 9 months ago #10557

• JBOw
  • JBOw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Ok, it was a great day on the lake yesterday. To make a long story short I bought this old 1970 Scat Craft boat at an estate sale for 500 bucks last winter. It had been stored in a heated barn unused since 1974. Then I bought an old glastron for 500 bucks just to get the 1150 merc off of it. Sold the boat and trailer to my buddy for 250. I took off an old 40 horse lark and installed the 1150 Tower of Power. Now with a few updates like a fuel tank and new impeller etc and a little tinkering I am into this whole set up for less than a grand. Finally got it out on Ceasers Creek lake here in S.W. Ohio for her first time in 36 years. Well keep in mind that I just guessed at all the set up stuff. Well we get it at the ramp and it starts right up and sounds good. As I am backing it off the trailer another boater slides in next to me with a brand new bright yellow boat that looks to be about an 18 footer with thru the hull exhaust and a thumpin V8. So I idle out past the no wake zone and give that V8 boat a min or so to make it out my way. It has a guy and a girl on it and the girl is at the controls. As she comes past me it sounds like she opens the throttle wide and it jumps up and starts to really move. Well I hit my old merc with all its got and to my surprize it jumps up on plane in a couple secs and starts running right with that V8 boat. Now I can't say for sure if she was really running it wide open but it sure sounded like it was. after about 45 secs of this I actually started to slowly pull away from her. Then she cut a hard left and took off to a different part of the lake. I backed mine down to a gentle cruise and yelled out a nice big YaHooo :lol: Boat ran great for the rest of the day and I'm still smiling :) The old air guide speedo in the boat said it topped out about 45 but I dont know if its right or not but seemed close. Cant wait to try it after I rebuild the carbs and do a link and sync and maybe play with tilt settings and props a bit. Sorry to ramble on so long but I thought ya'll might enjoy hearing about this old boat making a comeback. Keep it wet! Jack...
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:I love it when a plan comes together 13 years 9 months ago #10559

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
THAT's what it's all about Jack, the "grinin' from ear to ear" feeling! Post some pics of your project boat when you get a chance, we'd love to see her.

Mark

Re:I love it when a plan comes together 13 years 9 months ago #10562

• Matt
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
AWESOME story....... :laugh:

Matt in Illinois

I ain't here for a long time, I'm here for a good time !
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7861 guests and no members online