Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is where great FiberGlassics are found and shared. Be it Craigslist, Ebay or your local classifieds, post your sightings here for others to see.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Thompson 22 footer might be destroyed

Thompson 22 footer might be destroyed 11 years 3 months ago #73198

This 1962 Thompson Bros. Boat needs to find a new home. The seller says he will be cutting her up if he does not get a buyer by this weekend. SAD.

She is a Sea Lane Cabin Cruiser with stern drive. A very rare rig. The engine and outdrive are not original but she always has been an inboard/outboard boat.

Help save her. Find a buyer.

portland.craigslist.org/clk/boa/3499524257.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Thompson 22 footer might be destroyed 11 years 3 months ago #73207

Hmmm It doesn't say in the ad that he is going to destroy it, did you contact him about it? If he is going to cut it up why not offer it up for free and not $1900.00? Maybe he thinks like this goof I called
This guy had listed on KIJIJI a really ugly boat (sitting on the ground) for $300.00 but it had a decent windshield and some decent hardware on it so I called him up and said "since your going to scrap it anyway how about I come over with my boat trailer and take it away for you for free and save you the trouble?" The guy said "nope I'd rather throw it out than give away something that may be of value" Huh???

Re:Thompson 22 footer might be destroyed 11 years 3 months ago #73220

Via private contact he has indicated he is going to strip it and destroy her this weekend if he cannot find a buyer. I'm in Minneosta and the boat is near Portland, OR. I have no money to purchase or transport her.

Andreas

Re:Thompson 22 footer might be destroyed 11 years 3 months ago #73388

The boat will be saved and kept as a boat. It will not be turned into a planter, play house, fort, tree house. She is coming back closer to her place of birth. The boat will come to Minnesota. She was born in Wisconsin.

Andreas

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)