Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is where great FiberGlassics are found and shared. Be it Craigslist, Ebay or your local classifieds, post your sightings here for others to see.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sidewinder in CT

Sidewinder in CT 11 years 6 months ago #70485

• jim18611865
  • jim18611865's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
What do you guys think of this?
newlondon.craigslist.org/bod/3319830132.html
I have a 76' 70HP Evinrude.
They would match perfectly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Sidewinder in CT 11 years 6 months ago #70488

If it's in good shape they're great boats.

Re: Sidewinder in CT 11 years 6 months ago #70494

• ed-mc
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Definitely worth a look! Back in the 80's I had a very similar 16' SS model with a 1350 Inline Tower of Power. Wickedly fast with that motor.

She should still motor along fine with a 70 HP triple but don't expect to do a lot of deep water slalom starts!

Should be a fun hull with that level of HP and you can always mount a larger motor if you're so inclined.

Since they've already addressed the big problem issues (floor, stringers, transom), it's more of a cosmetics-thing whether you'll like it or not. And they've install some fairly expensive seating as well.

I'd certainly go look at it if it were in my area!

G'luck and let us know what you find........ed
Attachments:

Re: Sidewinder in CT 11 years 6 months ago #70512

• jim18611865
  • jim18611865's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
It is right near work, and has been there for quite some time.
I wished I got to it before they did the work, because who knows the quality of the work. The windshield was painted over as well.

Re: Sidewinder in CT 11 years 6 months ago #71218

• 63g3
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 2
Jim,
If you are looking for a Sidewinder Super,as pictured on the post I have one with an excelent transom, it was glassed very well from the factory and protected from water both inside and outside, a pleasant surprise as I've restored many a glassic and the transom cores are usually bad, sidewinder did this transom right. I took the floor and main stringer out already as the floor was a bit soft and when I pulled it the stringer was wet too. It is ready for new floor and stringer. I poked around and checked everything and from this point going forward it would be a pretty easy resto.as the ugly work (stripping) has been done.
It has the original back to back fiberglass seat bases, emblems etc. The windshield does have a crack. I bought a new one from the guy remaking the boats in Washington state but they have not shipped it yet, if you can get them to ship it it's paid for.
It also has a vintage correct 1350 in line six Merc, clean as a whistle inside it'll need an internal wire harness and a switch box. Power trim works fine.
I got this to restore but I found a Hydrostream Vector and did that instead so I won't do this boat. It is sitting on the original trailer in good shape, good wheels/ tires bearings, ready to roll.
If this is a boat package you are interested in I'll let ya have it, I figure I've got about 700.00 into it but that's OK more important that it get restored. I live in Massachusetts, about 20 miles north of Boston.
Randy

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)