Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Craigslist, are there any non-crooks still on it?

Craigslist, are there any non-crooks still on it? 9 years 8 months ago #97121

• Normspeed
  • Normspeed's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I was looking for a lighter weight replacement for my heavy old 12 foot aluminum. Found one in a town about 60 miles distant, fair price, good shape. Called, the guy said he had a clear in-state title in hand. I drove up there today, looked the boat over, it was what I'm looking for. Noticed that the boat was freshly painted, had no registration numbers on it, and two info stickers inside were clumsily scraped off. I found a serial number tag on the outside of the transom, apparently the seller missed that one and didn't remove it. I asked him to fetch the title so I could check numbers. He went inside for about 10 minutes and came out saying somehow he had lost it and only had a title for a 16 footer that wasn't at his place. I told him to call me if he found a legal title for the boat. By the time I drove home and went online, he had pulled the ad off CL. Seems like lately, buying or selling, all I find on CL are little kids playing on their laptops or crooks or scammers. Maybe it's just New Mexico...? So, the trip was 120 miles round trip, in my truck that amounts to about $40 worth of gas wasted.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Craigslist, are there any non-crooks still on it? 9 years 8 months ago #97184

Youch, can you say "stolen"!

Bob

Re:Craigslist, are there any non-crooks still on it? 9 years 8 months ago #97190

My son bought an F150 for parts and to sale stuff off of. One persistent guy kept after him to sale him the title and vin. plate. I told him not to respond because it was probably the police. But people do this with trailers all the time and get away with it. In Ohio you do not need a trailer title but in Pa you do. We live close enough that many trailers never had a title. ATV's also, gotta watch it.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)