Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Don't mess with old folks !

Don't mess with old folks ! 10 years 1 month ago #90202

• Nautilus
  • Nautilus's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
Turn on your sound to watch this one:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...

Re:Don't mess with old folks ! 10 years 1 month ago #90209

A few years back my wife and I were sitting at a stop light in Ford City Pennsylvania and a couple young guys pulled up with their Honda and coffee can exhaust and such. Started revving his engine. Now I'm over 50 and look at least 65. I was driving a 2003 Ford Taurus with the base engine and 4 doors. When the light changed I mashed the peddle and topped the hill 4 car lengths in front of the kids. The two lanes went into one and I immediately slowed down like old people do and put my window down and whipped him a finger. My wife asked what was wrong. I said nothing, those kids tried to race me. In case you did not realize it but Grandpa just blew away their Honda race car with a 4 door sedan.

Re:Don't mess with old folks ! 10 years 1 month ago #90238

• Nautilus
  • Nautilus's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
I did that with my wife's 400 HP Jaguar XKR. Some kids pulled up next to me on the interstate and we were both doing about 70 mph. They had some hopped-up POS Chevy, revved the engine and pointed forward. I dumped the pedal and the supercharger damn near took that car into hyperspace. The Chevy was a speck in my rear view mirror. Kids! They just don't understand that we've been there and done that.

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...

Re:Don't mess with old folks ! 10 years 1 month ago #90264

Someday I'll tell you about a time I won a race with a 396 powered Chevelle with 2000 cc 1971 Pinto.
:lol:

Re:Don't mess with old folks ! 10 years 3 weeks ago #91467

92 Ford Ranger. $1000 invested in a back and forth to work beater. I love to sit at traffic lights when a BIG diesel truck pulls up. I`ll watch the lights and if clear jump the green by about a half second and go like a bat for 30 yards. Just about then the big boy realizes he is about to be out run by a 2.4 liter engine, he floors the big truck. You know he stomped it by the cloud of black smoke that he leaves behind. Old age and cunning. Plus just a dash of pissant.

Re:Don't mess with old folks ! 10 years 3 weeks ago #91504

One time some years ago I was on my way up to Indiana Pennsylvania about 4 am in the morning. No traffic at that time. I went up the Indiana Pike when a 4 wheel drive chevy truck tried to pass me. I downshifted and floored it and away i went. Every chance he got he tried to pass me. He couldn't do it. I got to my destination and had to wait a few minutes for someone to come. The truck kept going but came back a few minutes later. Younger guy stopped to talk. He asked if I had a big block under the hood. I just said, you got a 35o don't you. He said yes. I told him you don't want to know what is under my hood. Well in the end I opened the hood and he his mouth acually dropped open as he looked at my 300 Six cylinder. All he could say was it must sure run good. I just chuckled.
Attachments:

Re:Don't mess with old folks ! 10 years 3 weeks ago #91530

• Ike
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
From about 1997 to 2005 I had a 1989 Mercedes 300E station Wagon. What most people don't realize is that sedate looking car has 200 HP turbocharged fuel injected 6 under the hood. I was always blowing off idiots who thought they had a hot car.

Peter D. Eikenberry
newboatbuilders.com
"Don't tell me that I can't. tell me how I can."

Re:Don't mess with old folks ! 10 years 3 weeks ago #91538

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Robert, those 300 sixes were untouchable for longevity and strength.
Cal

Re:Don't mess with old folks ! 10 years 3 weeks ago #91541

I once towed a 60 foot long house trailer with one on a short distance back road and it did well.

Re:Don't mess with old folks ! 10 years 3 weeks ago #91590

Dad had a 89 1/2 ton with the six and got a ticket for hauling 5 tons of crushed rock on a trailer rated for 1 ton. He made the trailer out of the front axle i beam off a box truck.
On one of his trips a tire and wheel went rolling by and Mom asked him if that wasn`t the tire off the trailer. Yep it was.
I bought the truck from Mom when Dad died and drove it for 185,000 after Dad put 50,000 on it.

Re:Don't mess with old folks ! 10 years 3 weeks ago #91593

All of my F-150's except the one I had to sell for groceries after I was forced to retire had well over 300,000 on them.
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 8413 guests and one member online