Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: New toy

New toy 10 years 6 months ago #85114

We've been hoping to get a ParkLiner, but they're like hen's teeth, so we figured we'd need to buy new. Then a used one (2012, barely used), came up in NJ early this week. We are the new owners and pick it up Saturday. More pics soon, but in the meantime, here's a link to their web page: www.parkliner.com/

Frank

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:New toy 10 years 6 months ago #85126

Looks real clean. I've been interested in similar designs for quite a while. They look to be less likely to develop roof leaks with that one piece roof. What's the length of that model?

I know there are several similar brands out there, like Burro and Casita. Do you know, are these knockoffs of an original brand, or was the company sold one or more times?

I have a 1946 home built teardrop that I restored more than ten years ago, and my most recent project is a small 1973 Field & Stream that's a work in progress. Camped in the teardrop from coast to coast and love it, but the Field & Stream has so many more creature comforts, like being able to stand up inside it!
Attachments:

Re:New toy 10 years 6 months ago #85204

Hi Norm,

Go here for all the specs on ParkLiner: www.parkliner.com/

There is only one model. It's 15' long, but unlike other smaller fiberglass trailers, it has a queen size bed. Another electric-only fiberglass trailer that offers a queen size bed is the Lil Snoozy: www.lilsnoozy.com/ We considered them, but wanted propane stuff.

This is NOT a knock-off, nor is it a company that has been sold a number of times. The guy that started in years ago owns it and runs it still. They're having trouble keeping up with demand because of what ya get for what ya pay. It's almost unbelievable we found a used one.

I've restored two stickie trailers and never want another one. I'll probably camp in this one till I can't camp anymore.

Frank

Attachments:

Re:New toy 10 years 6 months ago #85215

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Nice!

We just picked up a 14' 1970 Terry, Which I'll be restoring... Yet another thing to 'collect' :)

Re:New toy 10 years 6 months ago #85217

Very cool frank that should be great to camp with! The family had a Beemer back in the day. I think it was about 15' long. Table drops down to make a full size bed, side bench set pulled out to make a single bed and double wide bed up top when it pulled out, bunk bed so to speak with a ladder to get up and it laid across the bed front when tuck back. Propane heat and stove with small fridge and small camode head.

Bob

Re:New toy 10 years 6 months ago #85232

That Parkliner has an amazing amount of cabinet space and some great features. I like it. Wasn't trying to knock the Parkliners in my earlier post, was just curious on the strong similarities between Parkliner, Burro, Casita, etc when it comes to overall body design.

After recently replacing about 40% of the ceiling in my Field & Stream due to old roof leaks, I've adopted a new motto: No more old stuff! :S

Re:New toy 10 years 6 months ago #85322

Same with us. After repairing two older Sunlines, we discovered two things - 1, after 40 years of camping in tents, we liked trailers, and 2, no more metal sided trailers for us, fiberglass is the only way to go. The guy that designed the ParkLiner had one or more other fiberglass trailers and improved upon them. As a company, they have some issues with customer relations, but from our perspective, for the size and weight, this is a trailer that just can't be beat.

Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.826 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)