Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: DBR

DBR 11 years 6 months ago #70836

DBR? Definitely boat related. I haven't worked on my Homelite in months. Money shortage is the issue. To bring in a little more I'm selling antique porcelain on e-bay. I've collected these for years, but, never realized that some pieces sell for alot. Here is my latest find I paid $15.00 at an estate sale. I'm pretty sure they didn't know it's value.

This piece is a Royal Worcester Vase made in 1891. It's worth between $500.00 and $700.00. That'll buy alot of boat parts.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:DBR 11 years 6 months ago #70839

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Nice. I've been known to do that from time to time!

I frequent the estate sales and yard sales in the area. Most of the estate sales are run by professionals, and they do a fairly good job of making sure that they know the true value of what is being sold there. Often, I find that they are actually overpriced, but every so often something slips between the cracks.

Garage sales are a different story- I find lots of things at those that end up turning a hefty profit for me. My wife used to complain about my buying so much 'junk', but once she started seeing it turn a profit on things, she got quiet :)

One of the better 'hauls' was an antique viewmaster that I talked the guy down to $1 on... It was an old bakelite one, in it's original box, with all it's paperwork, accessories, etc. Best of all, the battery compartment was still sealed off, with instructions on how to load the battery, so it had probably never been used. I sold it on E-Bay for $150- Not a fortune, but when you consider that I only has $1 invested in it, Not too shabby :)

-Andrew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)