Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: whats wrong with this past year?

whats wrong with this past year? 11 years 9 months ago #64751

• john-gibson
  • john-gibson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
things have really been bad in the past year,knee surgery,then heart surgery in december,our buddy(dog)"yukon"deied of cancer in febuary,my mom had artery surgery in her neck,im happy she is doing good.
i have been having alot of nosebleeds lately,and to top it off,yesterday was our 29th anniversery,and we found out our new pup,a yorkie named "oliver" has parvo,he only has a 50/50 chance of living.
thank goodness for family and friends here.
sorry about the rant,i needed to vent.john

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:whats wrong with this past year? 11 years 9 months ago #64757

Unfortunately I know hoe that goes buddy, but hang in there it will get better. Very sorry to hear about Oliver, but if it's any consolation we're pulling for him.

Bob

Re:whats wrong with this past year? 11 years 9 months ago #64762

John,

I am truly sorry to hear about Olie. Please keep us posted as to how he is doing.

I hope you and your family find some happy times to share together. Remember that life is short, so live every day to the fullest, and never let a day go by with out telling the ones you love how much you appreciate them.

1963 Starcraft 14' Ranger

Re:whats wrong with this past year? 11 years 9 months ago #64772

a real bummer bud. thats why i never replaced my german shepard. couldn't go thru that twice. it still affects me today. i hope it works out for the best. always in my thoughts. ron
Attachments:

Re:whats wrong with this past year? 11 years 9 months ago #64790

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
boy thanks guys,i shouldnt have even posted,i just needed to whine a little.
heck if anyone should rant,its todd,i have had the poor guys motor hood to paint but i cant get to it,for verious reasons,and my apoligies are not enough in my book.
things are pileing up around here,his hood is 1st on my list then the boat and firetruck.

i hate waiting here today to hear how ollie is doing,my wife is taking this hard,heck i thought a pup was a great idea,and it was until now,i feel so bad for her,john

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:whats wrong with this past year? 11 years 9 months ago #64793

I'm so sorry to hear about that John.I know when things are tough. It seems most of my life has been an uphill battle. Looks like my son is going to try to find homes for two of his dogs. I hate to see him do that. They are good dogs but his house is just too small and the stork may be on the way with Grandchild number 6. We don't know yet. This will be their 4th if it is to be. So if you know anyone who wants a German Shepard, (a very nice looking and behaved one, good with kids) or a Lab mix give me a holler. Remember I had a Dog named Rosie (Chocolate lab) who died at 16 months because of a genetic kidney disorder. I got her when my big chocolate lab died of cancer at 5 years. I said I was done getting dogs because I must be neant not to have one. Then Babe came along. So I saved another one. She was chasing a rabbit yesterday and was about a foot away from having rabbit when I called her off. German Shorthairs are sure energetic and fun. I will keep you and yours in our Prayers John and just Love that Ollie and do what you can. Rosie the day before I had to put her down.This other one is Charlie. Tasha.
Attachments:

Re:whats wrong with this past year? 11 years 9 months ago #64794

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks robert,if i find someone to take them i will let you know,its hard to find homes for adult dogs.
i shouldnt complain,i have a great wife,and my mother is great too.
its just this last7 or 8 months have been tough,i know i was whineing ,but ollie was like a last straw that caused my whining.john

---Mark Twain

Re:whats wrong with this past year? 11 years 9 months ago #64796

People can say how you feel and don't really know. John but I can assure you that I have been there. Prayers with you.

Re:whats wrong with this past year? 11 years 9 months ago #64799

Boy John, sorry to hear about Ollie. All I can say is I sure do hope he pulls through. Parvo is very contagious. Do you figure he caught it from where you got him? I thought they usually could treat it with success? Maybe not for puppies, but I know very little about it other than what I've heard. Good luck!

Frank

Re:whats wrong with this past year? 11 years 9 months ago #64805

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thank you robert,,since we couldnt have kids,we are really attached to our pets.they are a big part of our family.

thanks frank,yes it is very contagious to puppies,and is very deadly.
the vet thinks he got it from the peoples other dogs that i got him from.

the vet is great,i think i can pay the bill in installments.

from what the vet told me parvo is when the inside of the pups intestines come off ,causeing bad diarehia and vomiting.

the vet called today hes still alive,and they are CAUTIOUSLY optimistic,but he is still very sick,its too soon to tell.john

---Mark Twain

Re:whats wrong with this past year? 11 years 9 months ago #64826

John, I am just happy to hear Ollie is still alive and the doc is cautiously optimistic. While parvo may be bad for pups, pups also have great energy and ability to heal. I sure hope he gets through this.

Frank

Re:whats wrong with this past year? 11 years 9 months ago #64853

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks frank,oliver is home but still sick,we are keeping our fingers crossed,the vet charged 164 bucks,but we can pay it in installments.
john

---Mark Twain

Re:whats wrong with this past year? 11 years 9 months ago #64859

All you can do at this point is love him John, and I'm sure there's plenty of that in your house. Best of luck.

Frank

Re:whats wrong with this past year? 11 years 9 months ago #64879

• jepstr67
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Gosh John, that really is more bad than a guy should have to deal with is such a short time. On the plus side, it is bound to get better. You can't possibly continue to have that much misfortune come your way.

I'll find a 4 leaf clover for you. I'm really good at that for some odd reason.

Re:whats wrong with this past year? 11 years 9 months ago #64902

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks frank,and thank you jepstr,i had to take oliver back to the animal hospital this morning he got badly sick last night,im just waiting for the vet to call,but im worried.
and boy i could use a four leaf clover about now thanks guys,john

---Mark Twain

Re:whats wrong with this past year? 11 years 9 months ago #64974

Sorry about Ollie John as I shed a tear.

Re:whats wrong with this past year? 11 years 9 months ago #65011

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks robert,thank you all.
oliver lost his battle this morning,he died at 6 am,its tough not only to lose another dog ,but also to watch my wife cry.
i thought i did a good thing by getting ollie,but now to see her heart broken hurts even more.
the vets told me its a breeders fault,they told me he had his shots,but they had no proof,so i took their word for it.

i went to go after the breeder after i talked to his dad 3 times during this,and he never even called back.

i guess i shouldnt have told them i was coming he hid from me.john

---Mark Twain

Re:whats wrong with this past year? 11 years 9 months ago #65032

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
John I'm very sorry to hear about Ollie, that is a heart breaker! Your luck has to get better, you sure deserve it IMO. I'm beginning to think Ron has the right idea, I've told the family when these pets are gone, (3 dogs and a cat), there won't be any more. (Subject to being over ruled of course, I do live in a house full of women!) LOL Hang in there buddy.

Mark

Re:whats wrong with this past year? 11 years 9 months ago #65033

John,
That sucks, I'm so sorry to hear that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry your not getting any satisfaction from the shiftless breader!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think passing on the info and getting the word out should hopefully curtail further less than reputable dealings from them, but then again some people really don't care how they earn a buck, sad to say. Like Mark said hang i there buddy its' got to get better.

Bob

Re:whats wrong with this past year? 11 years 9 months ago #65047

Sorry to hear about all the pain you and your wife are going through. I know it is hard to lose a family pet. Just hang in there John, it will get better. Jody & Skip.

Re:whats wrong with this past year? 11 years 9 months ago #65056

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks guys,it means alot,we have called the warden for their area,just waiting to hear back from him.
the worst part is seeing my wife lorraine hurt so much.
so i am going to make this guy hurt even worse.

what really makes me mad (and it takes alot to make me mad) is that during all this he never called me back,nothing!
he could have at the least given his sympothy.instead he hides. john

---Mark Twain

Re:whats wrong with this past year? 11 years 9 months ago #65068

John,

We are very sorry to hear of your loss of the great pets. We went thru that a few years back with "Mollie", a white American Eskimo, who was diagnosed with cancer one day and died the next!!! She had been with us for 12 years.

Elizabeth told me of your mention of your pet loss on facebook.

Just try and get another and bear the thoughts of Oliver and the others. Also we hope and pray you and your mom are recovering from your surgeries.

Jim and Elizabeth

Jim Savage

Re:whats wrong with this past year? 11 years 9 months ago #65081

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thank you jim,it becuse of our family and friends that i have on here that helps alot,thanks to everyone that posted,john

---Mark Twain

Re:whats wrong with this past year? 11 years 9 months ago #65230

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
well,my wife had today and tommorow off,so we are camping,but only about 20 miles away.but i thought it would be a getaway for lorraine.
boy im glad we have this notebook.
boy the people that we got oliver messed with the wrong woman,my wife has contacted the state dog warden,and the attorney general to go after them,and dog warden has already started an investigation.

to these people the dogs are just a money maker.john

---Mark Twain

Re:whats wrong with this past year? 11 years 9 months ago #65235

I feel your pain John. And your anger. I would go after them too. :angry:

Re:whats wrong with this past year? 11 years 9 months ago #65256

Good for her John!

I like when people stand up for what is right.

1963 Starcraft 14' Ranger

Re:whats wrong with this past year? 11 years 9 months ago #65266

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
john, all i can say is go for it and nail the bastards. frog

Re:whats wrong with this past year? 11 years 9 months ago #65289

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks robert,we are worried that they destroy all the dogs,so we are trying to get the warden in there without them knowing he is coming.
thanks littlefin,yes i agree,when i went down to the breeders my wife told me to punch him in the mouth,looking back i guess im glad he hid,or i would be the one in trouble.

thanks frog,yes they have to have consequences for the way they raise these pups,and the rest of their animals on their farm.

---Mark Twain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted