Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Photoshop projects

Photoshop projects 12 years 5 months ago #49926

• classicfins
  • classicfins's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I've started college again after a 30 year absence and am majoring in Communication Design which is basically graphic arts. We are just starting to play with photoshop and I wanted to post a couple of my projects I am working on. Not boat related, but I'm sure some of them will be before it's all over with... lol

Doug
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:Photoshop projects 12 years 5 months ago #49933

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Pretty cool Doug, kudos to you for "expanding your mind"! :laugh:

Mark

Re:Photoshop projects 12 years 5 months ago #49948

way to go,doug,i was wondering what happened to you,its great that your back in school,and doing somethng you love to do.
when i was young my dad said he would send me to college,but i wanted to go to art school,he said no i couldnt malke a living at it,so i became a carpenter and didnt like it,so my hat is off to you for doing exactly what you want to do,and great work too,i cant wait to see some of it on a boat,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Photoshop projects 12 years 5 months ago #49951

• classicfins
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Thanks John! Here's another one I just put together...
Attachments:

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:Photoshop projects 12 years 5 months ago #49977

Doug,
Cool stuff. My son had his degree in Digital Art and Design from Full Sail. It's amazing what you can do with Photo Shop and Elements! Can't wait to see more of your work.

Bob

Re:Photoshop projects 12 years 5 months ago #50208

I use PS7 and CS5 extended, which either or I suggest a read by Daniel Giordan called "How to use Photoshop 7"

I also use a a 8 gig thumb drive for a 'scratch drive', if you think of it as basic file groups for projects which are saved as PSD's in folders and finished projects which are saved as compressed Jpegs...in there own folders....

along with that I have four 80 gig hard drives that hold most of my library of pictures that I can work off of to make photos, Moving Gif's..screen shoot pictures..screen recordings videos that I am able to draw off of a hard drive put it on the 8 gig thumb drive as a project...

I use PS7 and Cs5 to also do 'repaints' for flight sim using DXTbmp which is kind of complicated because the program see's the plate reversed and flipped from what you see it as before it makes it into a 3-d model...so you see it upside down and backwards....and flat which after you apply your changes there are some 'steps' to save the active BMP file to a DDL file for the FSX and 2004 program's can "see" it.

if you get stuck on something feel free to ask..but in the meantime my best advice is to play with it, something real fun to do is make a person look as if they are B&W in a color background...that's a little tricky.

Re:Photoshop projects 12 years 5 months ago #50220

• classicfins
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I did this one earlier today. Just a quickie playing around. Gotta love Johhny Cash....
Attachments:

Re:Photoshop projects 12 years 5 months ago #50242

an acbs member did this for me a few years ago.
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)