Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Erecting a Garage-in-a-Box

Erecting a Garage-in-a-Box 12 years 6 months ago #48961

I've been wanting to figure out how to put audio with a photo slideshow. My son Gregg loves figuring out how to do this stuff. He led his poor father by the hand, and Presto Zippo, something new to do with the computer!

Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Erecting a Garage-in-a-Box 12 years 6 months ago #48977

pretty cool frank. that greg is somethin else. wish we had a garage to keep our car.
Attachments:

Re:Erecting a Garage-in-a-Box 12 years 6 months ago #49091

pretty cool video frank,i would love to now how to do that stuff,videos that is.
i had one of those garages but in white before i had my little garage,it stayed up about 2 years,it was the only place i had to work in on my mini back hoe,i even had homemade woodburner in it,of course i had a sheet of metal for the pipe to go through,and piped it away from the tarp.john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Erecting a Garage-in-a-Box 12 years 6 months ago #49102

This one is lot better than the Harbor Freight one we used to have John. I don't know for sure how long it will last, but it keeps my pick up out of the snow and weather. The (not running) hot rod has been in the house garage in the truck's space and probably will be for a while. While the truck has sat outside since then, there has not been much motivation to wash it. That changed last night! Frank

Re:Erecting a Garage-in-a-Box 12 years 6 months ago #49140

I have a Cover-It Garage that is about 20 years old. I had to move it and rebuilt it 6 years ago. This is still the original cover.
Attachments:

Re:Erecting a Garage-in-a-Box 12 years 5 months ago #49280

OK Here is the website for the garage I have. Hey it almost twenty years old. Check the prices. I don't think they are that bad.
I may be ordering one myself in the shed category.
www.shelterlogic.com/CategoryList.aspx?CategoryName=Shelters&utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ShelterLogic%20-%20Emails&utm_content=

Re:Erecting a Garage-in-a-Box 12 years 5 months ago #49296

Those thing look nice but would not last here at my place were the wind blows just a nice breeze at 25 with gust up to 60. i have a metal one and when the wind blows I can see it move or try to bend. Boat covers don't last long either.
Mike aka the pirate

Re:Erecting a Garage-in-a-Box 12 years 5 months ago #49298

Yuk, yuk, yuk. When I lived in Rawlins, WY, most all the local jokes were about wind. That was a long time ago (we left in '87) but I still remember that the average wind speed there was 18 mph!

Frank

Re:Erecting a Garage-in-a-Box 12 years 5 months ago #49308

Mike where I used to live we had a micro-burst and it snapped off trees 14 inch's thick less than 120 feet from this same garage. They were mostly wild cherry. It picked up a 45 foot white pine in my front yard and set it down 20 feet from the stump about 50 foot from it on the other side. It still stands even after being moved. It's went through snows of 4 feet. I'm sold. Of course we had it anchored well. When I moved six years ago I tore it down and put it up here.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)