Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: IRENE bearin down on jersey....

IRENE bearin down on jersey.... 12 years 8 months ago #42397

• vuyosevich
  • vuyosevich's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 2
just put the mantaray in the garage and got my 8800 watt generator at the ready. expecting 10" rain locally and 80 mph winds. theres a big tree behind my new garage and they say the winds are coming off the ocean blowing southeast....guess what?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:IRENE bearin down on jersey.... 12 years 8 months ago #42409

Yep, battened down the hatches here too. Put all the loose "projectiles" in the shed so should be good to go. Hope all stays as calm as possible for you Ron. I'll try and let you know how it goes down here before it gets up to you if I can.

Bob

Re:IRENE bearin down on jersey.... 12 years 8 months ago #42410

My daughter lives in jacksonville NC and the storm is heading right to her....she is full term prego, 15mi off the beach, cant travel.....my hair is gettibg whiter by the min........good luck you guys and Ill add your names to my prayers.

Re:IRENE bearin down on jersey.... 12 years 8 months ago #42412

Keep in touch Ron. Hide your head until it goes by.

Re:IRENE bearin down on jersey.... 12 years 8 months ago #42419

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
I hope the Big Man in the Boathouse in the Sky watches over all of you in Irene's path. Stay safe guys, our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Mark

Re:IRENE bearin down--HEY RON! 12 years 8 months ago #42421

Been thinking of you and Sue all day Ron!! Go to higher and safer ground if told to do so, please. I have seen many of these storms in 65 years and the stubborn and "hurricane party" goers are the casualities many times. Don't be too proud to haul butt out of there!!!!

And Jeff, (Ponyboy), we have your daughter and baby in our prayers too. Keep us informed.

Jim and Elizabeth

Jim Savage

Re:IRENE bearin down--HEY RON! 12 years 8 months ago #42422

• Shipster
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Headed down to Kilmarnock VA to help my son Irene proof the house. We'll do it for sure. Keep safe!

Re:IRENE bearin down on jersey.... 12 years 8 months ago #42429

• vuyosevich
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
sue was wonderin if we should bail out and head to the poconos. there sayin now it will only be a cat 1 but who knows how much rain. if we were in a flood zone i wouldn't think twice. just filled both tanks in the truck and 8 gallons for the generator..$139.00. i'm still laughing at how ridiculous that is. i remember payin 31.9 per gallon when i started driving. me and my buddies would pool our change together and get a "dollars worth"...LMAO...ron

Re:IRENE bearin down on jersey.... 12 years 8 months ago #42448

ron,i think you should go to the poconos,just consider it a chance to go on a little vacation,you,sue and all the others are in our prayers.
we are going to bedford ,pa to do some camping in the camper,and they have nice cabins ron,come out to visit,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:IRENE bearin down on jersey.... 12 years 8 months ago #42483

We're getting heavy rain and wind in Richmond as of 1 PM. Always best to be safe than sorry. Friends in VA Beach are in a hotel.

Hello, World!!

Re:IRENE bearin down on jersey.... 12 years 8 months ago #42486

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Finally heard from my buddy Don in VA Beach, they're boarded up and hunkered down! Just watched the weather channel guy in Nag's Head, looks like the beaches are still there anyway. Sure hope it turns out to be less damage than anticipated, but everybody still be safe up there!

Mark

Re:IRENE bearin down on jersey.... 12 years 8 months ago #42491

Ken didn't know you were so close, so to speak. Hope all is well there and with your friends in VA Beach. I have a few there and haven't heard from them yet. Believe they're ok.
Ponyboy, hope your daughter is safe and sound.

Shipley, hope all went well with your boarding party. LOL

Ron, keep your head down it's coming that way. Down here in Southern Maryland we're under a flash flood warning until 6:45 pm for now. May go longer. Tornado watch until 8:00 pm. Lots of rain so far. We're in a lull with light rain right now. Mind gusts have been about 30 so far, close to 50 in Salsbury across the Chesapeake Bay further north of us.

Stay safe everyone.

Bob

Re:IRENE bearin down on jersey.... 12 years 8 months ago #42514

geeze guys,im worried as hell about all of you in the path of irene,darn it ron you should have come here,at least to bedford,all of you please keep safe,we are thinking about you,i cant stop worrieing about you all,it will be a sleepless nite for us all,john and lorraine

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:IRENE bearin down on jersey.... 12 years 8 months ago #42518

• vuyosevich
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks for the call john. its just startin to amp up here. they say the worst will be in the morning. we're all sleepin (if we can)in the living room tonite. its the farthest room from the norway spruce. if that goes i'll lose my pond too. enjoy your camping trip.

Re:IRENE bearin down on jersey.... 12 years 8 months ago #42522

It's been blowing very hard in Richmond for about 10 hours now, I can only imagine the beach and bay area. We have trees down, many many homes without power. It's almost 10 PM and it is still intense.

I drove out of necessity and don't recommend it. Stay away from trees and power lines.

Hello, World!!

Re:IRENE bearin down on jersey.... 12 years 8 months ago #42757

Well, back on line. Lost power 7:45pm Saturday. Finally got power back last night around 9:00pm but was at work till 11:30. Too tired to try and post so cheating at work now. ;)

I lost one Oak around 1 1/2' in diameter but hit the chain link fence and nothing else. Everything else is in tact.

How did everyone fare?

Bob

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)