Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: My Knee Surgery

My Knee Surgery 12 years 8 months ago #40744

I had a torn miniscus repaired in my left knee yesterday. Out-patient surgery!! went in at 9:15, had surgery, etc, and sent me home around 4 p.m.

Very painful, but I am walking on it part-time as the doctor said do, and taking the pain pills!!! Using a walker in the house part time too!

Pic attached:

Yea I know, you have seen better legs on a table!!!!!

:laugh:
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Jim Savage

Re:My Knee Surgery 12 years 8 months ago #40766

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
It's hard to stuff dollars under that bandage Jim, you need to wear a garter on the other leg! Seriously, glad to hear you're home and recovering well, albeit painfully. Hang in there, we'll have you "dancing the jig" again soon. :laugh:

Mark

Re:My Knee Surgery 12 years 8 months ago #40809

Jim,
Glad it went well. Wife had her ACL replaced with a tendon and the biggest thing is to DEFINITELY do the therapy they give you or you'll end up with a stiff knee for ever, so to speak.

Bob

Re:My Knee Surgery 12 years 8 months ago #40830

I had one replaced and need the other replaced. Did the shots for years. I could hear my knees working in the back of my head climbing stairs and steep hills. Take care of those , the new ones just are not the same.

Re:My Knee Surgery 12 years 8 months ago #40954

It's funny as we age.
The things you don't want stiff are, and the things you want stiff are not. :S
Do the therapy. I had a bad knee. Did some physical therapy and it is doing great now. B)

Re:My Knee Surgery 12 years 8 months ago #41088

Hey Jim Haven't heard from you in a day or 2 so hope the knee is doing better.
For some reason my knee or foot don't hurt any more. Take a look at the pic and you might guess why,
Mike aka the pirate
Attachments:

Re:My Knee Surgery 12 years 8 months ago #41095

You still need a parrot. B)

Re:My Knee Surgery 12 years 8 months ago #41104

Are you diabetic? I am in fact I'm just coming out of a low sugar spell.

Re:My Knee Surgery 12 years 8 months ago #41133

No not dibetic just got some bad artery deaise. It made my arterys shrink down and clog off. Had 3 by pass surgery on that leg but they didn't take and ended up with sore on my foot that wouoldn't heal so they had to take the leg. But they are not keeping this old fart down. They take my leg and now I play pirate. I'm not kldding I am going to make me a pirates peg leg and everything else to go with it. I have a cannon to go on my boat. Hey a good pirate has to have a cannon.
I was only in the hospital 3 days and out. Now getting around in a wheel chair and walker. This is not going to keep this old fart down.
Mike aka the pirate

Re:My Knee Surgery 12 years 8 months ago #41150

Sometimes you just have to make do with bad situations. My Father in Law had similar problem with his leg arteries plugging. He died from other causes before it got that far. He had a bowel strangulation and complications.

Re:My Knee Surgery 12 years 8 months ago #41160

Mike,
Sorry to hear that but your keeping a good outlook on it. I like the pirate idea, and YES EVERY GOOD PIRATE SHOULD HAVE A CONNON! I do, actually I have two. Made them when I worked in a machine shop before joinging the Navy. Both Black powder, one is a replica of a 45 lb Naval Cannon and the other is of a 6 lb Napolen field cannon. I shoot them off every 4th of July and New Years. Dave's right you do need a Parrot too!

Bob

Re:My Knee Surgery 12 years 8 months ago #41172

Waterwings wrote:

Mike,
Sorry to hear that but your keeping a good outlook on it. I like the pirate idea, and YES EVERY GOOD PIRATE SHOULD HAVE A CONNON! I do, actually I have two. Made them when I worked in a machine shop before joinging the Navy. Both Black powder, one is a replica of a 45 lb Naval Cannon and the other is of a 6 lb Napolen field cannon. I shoot them off every 4th of July and New Years. Dave's right you do need a Parrot too!

Bob

pics please pics. what a blast!

Re:My Knee Surgery 12 years 8 months ago #41188

Ron don't get too excited, they're only about 1/16 scale, about 7" long or so.

Bob

Re:My Knee Surgery 12 years 8 months ago #41215

:( ... i was hopin to see some full scale civil war replicas.

Re:My Knee Surgery 12 years 8 months ago #41347

THANKS EVERYONE for the kind words of encouragement about my knee surgery. I just forget to read this NBR page sometimes!!

And yea, its heck when things are not supposed to get stiff, and the things that should will not!!!

My knee is much better now and I go for post-op "inspection" tomorrow morning!

:cheer:

Jim Savage

Re:My Knee Surgery 12 years 8 months ago #41402

Jim,
Glad to hear it. Like we've said do all the therapy they give you.

Bob

Re:My Knee Surgery 12 years 8 months ago #41478

Thanks Bob and all you other friends too for the words of encouragement. It helps my mental state!!!
Attachments:

Jim Savage

Re:My Knee Surgery 12 years 8 months ago #41505

jim and mike hang in there guys,you really are some tough guys,and here i am just getting injections and whining about it,lol.keep us posted and your in my thoughts,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:My Knee Surgery 12 years 8 months ago #41512

wEll today is a nother new chalange for me going to see is I can get on my 18hp lawn tractor I use for moving my boat trailers around and picking up the big motors. It has a left hand cluch and brake so once on I can drive. Each day I put my self to new test or try and walk father with the walker. Hate this sitting on my ass in the wheel chair, I figure if everything goes good on the short leg in a month I will have the boat out. Now if the wife can just back the boat down to the dock.
Mike

Re:My Knee Surgery 12 years 8 months ago #41519

I just know you'll do it too.

Re:My Knee Surgery 12 years 8 months ago #41560

Mike, I'm with Robert. I'm sure you can do it. You can't keep a good man down!
That's also why I think you and Robert will be just fine and press through this.
Bob

Re:My Knee Surgery 12 years 8 months ago #41572

I've had a few stents in both legs and a bypass on my right leg Problem started in early 80's and ships doc told me I was allergic to the ships detergent!! 20 yrs later I heard of claudication on the radio and had first stents shortly there after.

Re:My Knee--UPDA!! 12 years 8 months ago #41584

The surgeon checked my knee surgery today, took out the stitches, and released me for work and play with no restrictions!!

It is still sore and painful by nightfall each day, from using it, but it is better each day!! Thanks all, for your thoughts and prayers. I put the pain pills away two days ago!

I definitely will do the exercises he gave me to keep it from stiffening up!

Jim Savage

Re:My Knee Surgery 12 years 8 months ago #41592

Hey Jim we got to figure a way to get florada closer to Nevada or Nevada closer to you. Us old fart have to get out on the water togather some time before this world ends
Glad the hear the knee is getting better.
Mike aka the pirate

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)