Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: computer printer, scanner woes...

computer printer, scanner woes... 9 years 2 months ago #105026

• vuyosevich
  • vuyosevich's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 2
i'm trying to scan the calendar pics to post on this site, 1 page/month at a time. some times it works, other times it scans the pics individually,(4 seperate pics) even though i'm scanning the whole page. is there a printer made that you "can set it and forget it" and not have to re-size every pic that you want to post. i understand that the individual pics on the calendar are mostly 800x600 and multiplied by 4 on the page =3200x2400, too large to post on FG, so the calendar pages must be re-sized. i'm just trying to find the easiest way to do that. i thought i had a top of the line printer/ scanner but apparantely not. it is a HP PHOTOSMART PREMIUM. any help appreciated. to go into paint and re-size every pic is a royal pain in the ass. ron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:computer printer, scanner woes... 9 years 2 months ago #105031

It might that way Because you have a top of the line printer! I think there is a feature on scanners that will automatically identify sections of the document you are scanning. when you do a preview, you will likely see boxed outlines of the page you are scanning. there should be an option to ignore sections. I don't know if this is a printer option or a software option. I first noticed this happening when I changed from PC to MAC

Re:computer printer, scanner woes... 9 years 2 months ago #105134

Hard part about printers is why the hell is it cheaper to buy a new one than buy ink???? :angry: :( :angry: :( :unsure:

Re:computer printer, scanner woes... 9 years 2 months ago #105149

• vuyosevich
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
JUST RELOADED MINE 5 CARTRIDGES $70...EVERY MONTHS IT SEEMS

Re:computer printer, scanner woes... 9 years 2 months ago #105166

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Just my opinion Ron, but why not post them up here as individual pics? (I can see 'em better that way too!)

Sorry I wasn't any help with putting them back four to a page, guess it's above my level of whatever......... :unsure:

Mark

Re:computer printer, scanner woes... 9 years 2 months ago #105180

• Ike
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
I have a similar printer/scanner/fax. It sounds like your machine has been reset to a specific size setting. It should automatically detect the size of the paper. Find the tools or settings menu. somewhere there should be a selection that say Reset to Factory Defaults. Hopefully that will solve your problem. Also if you do not have the manual they are all on line and can be downloaded as a pdf file.

Hard part about printers is why the hell is it cheaper to buy a new one than buy ink????

Because they sell the printers at a huge discount and make back the loss by selling the ink at full retail. About ten years ago one of the news programs (can't remember which but probably NPR) did an item on HP, and the president of HP said exactly that. Obviously the printer is no good without ink so they can charge full price.

Peter D. Eikenberry
newboatbuilders.com
"Don't tell me that I can't. tell me how I can."

Re:computer printer, scanner woes... 9 years 2 months ago #105184

• vuyosevich
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanx peter will look for that..and yes that makes sense . they lure you in with ridicuously low prices for printers then hammer you for the ink. ron

Re:computer printer, scanner woes... 9 years 2 months ago #105264

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
The old saying "Gillett didn't get rich selling razors" applies to printers. I beat that system.
If you go online and google/bing continuous ink supply system (CISS)you will come to links that show ink delivery systems that you can just add more ink to the tank and forget the cost. They are actually cheap compared to the refills and the bottles of ink are like $23. for RGBY and black combined. I've had mine for over three years now without problems. The printhead inserts have a reset button built in to fool the printer. I probably saved over thousands the last years since my wife as an artist prints oodles of pictures daily.
I get all mine from "Hotzone 360" They are made for individual printers. I've worn out two printers and still have the same system. I have Epson Workforce printers and also the HP. The HP is like $70+ for inks. the Epson is almost Zero.
This is what it looks like. Ink holding tanks that you just refill and a small hose line feeding to your printer.
Attachments:

Re:computer printer, scanner woes... 9 years 2 months ago #105271

• vuyosevich
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
vuyosevich wrote:

thanx peter will look for that..and yes that makes sense . they lure you in with ridicuously low prices for printers then hammer you for the ink. ron

;
peter, found what your talkin about in the hp solution center, but i can't figure it out. i'm a simple guy and this electronic age is beyond me and i'm too old to learn.lol

Re:computer printer, scanner woes... 9 years 2 months ago #105272

• vuyosevich
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
63 Sabre wrote:

The old saying "Gillett didn't get rich selling razors" applies to printers. I beat that system.
If you go online and google/bing continuous ink supply system (CISS)you will come to links that show ink delivery systems that you can just add more ink to the tank and forget the cost. They are actually cheap compared to the refills and the bottles of ink are like $23. for RGBY and black combined. I've had mine for over three years now without problems. The printhead inserts have a reset button built in to fool the printer. I probably saved over thousands the last years since my wife as an artist prints oodles of pictures daily.
I get all mine from "Hotzone 360" They are made for individual printers. I've worn out two printers and still have the same system. I have Epson Workforce printers and also the HP. The HP is like $70+ for inks. the Epson is almost Zero.
This is what it looks like. Ink holding tanks that you just refill and a small hose line feeding to your printer.

: pretty cool but i'd end up spilling it all over the place. thanks for the reply though.

Re:computer printer, scanner woes... 9 years 2 months ago #105273

• vuyosevich
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
i've decided to post calendar pics as they come out of the scanner..one at a time. the scanner won't scan the whole page as one. probably a simple correction but its beyond me. below is march ,april 2009. : : : : : : : :

MAY AND JUNE IN A FEW DAYS.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7968 guests and 3 members online